Chapter 9

I was hiding from daddy, I want Stiles! I want Stiles,
Daddy said" Stiles isn't awake yet, let's get you dressed, little man."
I said" Want Stiles!"
" We'll get Stiles up if you come get dressed, okay?"
" No! Want Stiles!"
" I'll let you pour water on him?"
I screamed" Want Stiles!" I heard him walk out of my room, I peeked out of my closet,
" Stiles! Get up, your brother wants you, and he's not budging."
Stiles groaned" Okay, mm, five more minutes..."
" Stiles! Get Riley!"
" Huh?! Riley!" I heard him jump up and run to my room, he saw me peeking from my closet." Hey, bubby, come on, let's get you dressed and head to school, okay?" I nodded my head, rubbing my eyes," Bubby, no, no, no, remember, what we said? No yellow eyes." I rubbed my eyes again, he sighed," Good job!" I giggled, he smiled at me," Oh, it's gonna be a long day."
——
We were at his school, he was trying to find out what was happening, I was holding onto his shirt. I saw Daddy walk out of the office, he walked over to us.
He said" Don't you have a test to get to?"
Stiles said" What's going on? Did you find Derek yet?"
" I'm workin' on it. You go take your test."
" All right, dad, listen to me."
" Go!"
" This is really important. You have to be careful tonight, okay? Especially tonight."
" Stiles, I'm always careful."
" Dad, you've never dealt with this kind of thing before, okay? At least not like this."
" I know, which is why I brought in people who have. State detective. Go take your test." We walked away, Stiles sighed, looking at me,
I said" Stiles." I made grabby hands, he lifted me up," Derek hiding, right?"
Stiles said" Yeah, Derek's in hiding."
" We're safe from monster?"
" Yeah, bubby, we're safe from the alpha."

I was sitting next to Stiles, he was taking a test, Scotty came in, he stopped at Allison but their teacher made him go.
Their teacher said" You have 45 minutes to complete the test. 25% of your grade can be earned right now simply by writing your name on the cover if the blue book. However, as happens every year, one of you will inexplicably fail to put your name on the cover, and I'll be left yet again questioning my decision to ever become a teacher. So let's get the disappointment over with. Begin." I scooted closer to Stiles, staring at the teacher, I was staring at Scotty, something was wrong! I tilted my head, then Scotty got up and ran out, I looked at Stiles, then got up and followed him. He dropped his bag, I chased after him, he took off his jacket and shirt once we got to the locker room and ran to the showers. I sat down and waited, Stiles came in after a minute,
Scott said" Stiles, I can't..."
Stiles said" What's happening? Are you changing?"
" No. No, I can't breathe." Stiles got out Scott's inhaler,
" Here, use this. Come on, do it."
" I was having an asthma attack?"
" No, you were having a panic attack. But thinking you were having an asthma attack actually stopped the panic attack. Irony."
" How did you know to do that?"
" I used to get them after my mom died. Riley gets them. Not fun, huh?"
" I looked at her, and it was like someone hit me in the ribs with a hammer."
" Yeah, it's called heartbreak. About two billion songs written about it."
" I can't stop thinking about her."
" Well, you could think about this, her dad's a werewolf hunter, and you're a werewolf, so it was bound to become an issue. That wasn't helpful. Dude, I mean, yeah, you got dumped, and it's supposed to suck."
" No, that's not it. It was like I could feel everything in the room, everyone else's emotions."
" It's got to be the full moon. So we'll lock you up in your room later just like we planned. That way the alpha, who is your boss, can't get to you, either."
" I think we need to do a lot more than lock me in my room."
" What, you mean because if you get out, you'd be caught by hunters?"
" No. Because if I get out, I think I might kill someone."
——
Stiles said" Okay, bubby, can you please stop attaching to me like a bear?" I shook my head," And why not?" I shrugged," What if I tickled you?" I whined, gripping tighter to him," Ow, okay, okay, I won't tickle you, I get it. Can you just let go of me and walk next to me?" I shook my head again," And why not?"
I said" No!"
" At least you spoke, why no?"
" No!"
" Is no the only word you know right now?"
" No!"
" This have anything to do with the full moon, you know, like last month?" I tilted my head," Have you always been this way on full moons? Holy shit, you've been a werewolf this entire time and you just haven't noticed... why is this just coming up in my head? I'm an idiot." He lifted me up into his arms, I nuzzled my face into his neck." You've been my brother for four years, and I haven't even noticed you were a werewolf... god, I'm an idiot!"