Chapter 80

Stiles held me on his hip as we walked with Doc,
Doc said" Vanishing twin syndrome?"
Stiles said" This is part of your expertise, right?"
" Not particularly, no." The door opened and we saw Scotty and Liam, carrying a dread doctor.
Scotty said" He's still alive."

Scotty said" Can you keep him alive?"
Doc said" I'm not sure he technically is alive."
Liam said" Screw keeping him alive. How do we get him to talk?"
Stiles said" Personally, I don't think we utilize torture nearly enough."
I heard a man say" Come..."
Liam said" You hear that?"
" Come to me... To me." Then the Dread doctor shot up, there was this really terrible noise, I covered my ears.
Scotty said" Liam, wait!" Liam was thrown with a force field." The noise stopped, as everything flew to the doorway and blocked it.
Doc said" Stop! It's electrified." I looked at Stiles, hiding behind him, holding onto his shirt.
" The cane."
Liam said" But they took it. They took the cane."

They put the place back to normal then started looking through the file,
Scotty said" Maybe there's something in here, something about how he was a genetic chimera."
Doc said" Mason had a vanishing twin."
Stiles said" Now we've got a vanishing Mason."
Liam said" What does that have to do with him turning into a 250 year old French guy? How does that even happen?"
Doc said" Hold on, Scott might have something. Mason's twin wasn't entirely gone. That's what made him a genetic chimera."
Scotty said" The DNA was still there."
" Metaphorically speaking, the DNA of Mason could still be inside Sebastien as well."
Stiles said" How?"
" Life is energy. Energy doesn't just disappear. The Dread doctors may have found a way to break the rules of the supernatural world but there are some rules that simply won't break."
Liam said" So Mason can't just be gone?"
" Somewhere in Sebastien he has to still exist in some form. A spark of energy, a flicker of memory."
Stiles said" Hang on... Liam, you said Mason said something right before he turned."
Liam said" He said, That's not my name."
Scotty said" He finally remembered his name."
Stiles said" Damnatio Memoriae."
Liam said" That's what they wanted. They wanted Sebastien to remember his name."
Doc said" Scott, you know the myth of what happens when you call a werewolf by its given name?"
Scotty said" It turns back to human."
Liam said" What does that mean? Someone can just walk up to the Beast, yell Mason's name and turn him back?"
" Not someone..."
I said" Banshee."
Stiles said" Lydia."
——
Lydia got hurt by Sebastien, we're at the hospital, I'm sitting with Liam, we saw Scotty.
Liam said" Is she okay?"
Scotty said" She's gonna be fine, but... she can't really talk."
" Then it's over, isn't it? There's nothing we can do to save him." Scotty looked at his phone,
" Give me a second." Then he came back," Get up."
" Why?"
" Because I've got an idea. And because this isn't over." I tried to stand, I yelped, Scott caught me before I hit the ground. He lifted me up, I wrapped my arms around his neck, he put his hand on my hurt leg, I growled then whimpered. He ruffled my hair and we walked to Lydia's room.

I was sat against the wall, Scott and Liam helped Lydia sit up, Melissa and Stiles came in.
Melissa said" Lydia, this is gonna have to be just between us, since I can get fired for it."
Scotty said" It's a cortisone shot. It's gonna bring the inflammation down." Lydia held out her hand,
" Not there." Melissa pulled Lydia's neck bandage back,
Stiles said" Oh, yeah, okay, I'm gonna need to leave."
" You're not going anywhere. Hold her hand."
" Okay, fine. I'm not leaving, but I still might faint." He walked to Lydia and held her hand, I should tell them Liam doesn't like needles either...
" Okay. Here we go." Then Liam fainted, Scotty ran to him," Okay, Lydia, this is gonna hurt like a bitch." She stuck the needle into Lydia's neck, ouch...

We were leaving with Lydia, I could walk a little now.
Stiles said" Okay. I'll get Malia. Text me when you find Parrish."
Scotty said" Hold on." He handed Stiles something,
" What is this?"
" Something I've been working on for a while. Just make sure Malia gets it."
" Is it a plan B?"
" It was plan A."
" Plan A never works."
" This one will."
" Okay. Uh, him?"
" I got him."
" Okay, Riley. Scott." He ran off, I looked at Scotty,
" Back, Riley." I jumped onto Scotty's back, as we continued to get out of the hospital.
——
We got to the tunnels,
Liam whispered" Scott? You hear that?"
Lydia said" I heard that."
Scotty said" Lydia, save your voice."
Liam said" Lydia, get out of the water!" He pushed Lydia, then my body felt on fire, I fell.
I heard Theo say" Sorry, Lydia." He threw Lydia, Scotty caught her, I tried getting up but couldn't." Feel that, Scott? Kanima venom. Just let it happen. Let it go. Let everything go." Lydia screamed, no! Lydia! We heard the Beast," Hear that? That's the sound of real power."

Liam was carrying me on his back, we walked to Theo,
He said" You lied to me." Deucalion was with us," You and Scott..."
Deucalion said" That's right, Theo. The whole time."
" It would've never worked."
" It could have worked. With belasko's talons." He broke his neck,
" You broke my neck."
" And good luck with that. There's an access grate that leads to the sublevel. I think we can get to Lydia there."
Liam said" What about Mason?"
" We can still save your friend."
Scotty said" Let's go." Then Deucalion was shot,
" This just isn't my day." I saw Gerard and Argent, I lowered myself on Liam's back,
Gerard said" This is a surprising alliance, Scott. You and Deucalion? How long have you been planning this clever little double cross?"
Argent said" About as long as he and I have been planning this one." Argent threw Scotty the cane,
" What are you doing?"
" I knew when I brought you back, it would never be about saving lives. Only about immortalizing your own." Then Argent was pointing his gun at Gerard, Gerard was pointing his gun at Argent." Scott, go. Go, now!" We walked away, going deeper into the tunnels.

Liam said" Scott. I'll do it."
Scotty said" Liam..."
" It should be me. If you get me close enough, I'll do it."
" We're not killing your best friend."
Sebastien said" That belongs to me." We turned to him," It's a family heirloom. I'd like it back, please."
" It's all yours. Just give us Mason."
" Unfortunately, I would not know where to begin. And while I've benefited from his memories, I don't have much use for an alter ego." Liam and Scotty looked at each other, I slid down Liam's back.
" You want it." They shifted," Come and get it." I jumped to the circle, crouching down, they started fighting the Beast.
They were loosing... then the Beast went back to human, and grabbed Scotty by the neck.
Sebastien said" You're strong. There's no doubt in that. But neither of you fight with a killer instinct. Let me show you how to go for the throat." Liam grabbed the cane and pulled out the tiny sword thing inside,
Scott said" Liam, wait. We can still save Mason."
Liam said" Who's going to save you?"
Sebastien said" What kind of werewolves are you?"
Scotty said" No!" Liam went for the attack, but Sebastien threw him, he tightened his grip on Scotty's neck. Scott was on his knees, I whimpered, but stayed still,
" Marie-Jeanne?" Scott pulled away from him, I saw Lydia and Kira, I crawled to Scotty as Sebastien went towards them.
Lydia said" Mason."
Kira said" I think you're gonna need to try it a little louder." Sebastien turned into the Beast,
Lydia screamed" Mason!" Mason came stumbling out of the black fog of the Beast. Corey came out of invisible world and caught him, the fog tried to get away but Parrish in hellhound form caught him.
Parrish yelled" Scott!" Scott grabbed the tiny sword and threw it at the fog, the fog disappeared.
Scotty said" Is everyone okay?"
Theo said" Not everyone!" Scott pushed me to Mason and Corey, Mason wrapped an arm around my chest. Kira ran at Theo, she caught the lightning on her sword.
She said" The skinwalkers have a message for you, Theo." He stopped making lightning," Your sister wants to see you." She stabbed her sword into the ground and a crack opened, then Mason covered my eyes.
Theo screamed" Scott, help me! No! No! Scott! Help me, Scott! No! Scott!" Then I heard more cracking, Mason let me see again. I saw nothing, I looked at Scotty.
——
Daddy said" You saved their lives. Mason. Malia. Half the population of Beacon Hills. That's got to feel pretty good."
Stiles said" It did. For a while."
" But it's something you want to feel again."
" Yeah. Yeah, I think so."
" Welcome to your future career in law enforcement."
I said" Stiles, no guns." Stiles pushed my face away from his, Daddy chuckled," No guns!"
Stiles said" Why?"
" You'd shoot your own toe!" Stiles covered my mouth, I nipped at his hand.
" Ow! You little puppy!" I giggled, then pounced onto the floor, rolling onto my back.
——
We walked out of their class,
Lydia said" But she'll be back. She still has to graduate."
Stiles said" That's the thing, though, I don't know... when we started this school year, I was so stressed about everyone ending up in the same place after we graduate. But I don't think it matters. We always seem to find each other anyway. Even Allison." Lydia stopped, I looked up at Stiles, Scotty didn't tell her.
I said" He didn't tell you."
" It was in the tunnels... when Sebastien had his hands around Scott's throat. The guy probably didn't even know what he was doing. His claws got into Scott's neck. He was going to kill him, but then he stopped and he said a name..."
" Marie-Jeanne."
Lydia said" He saw Scott's memories."
Stiles said" He saw Allison."
" They must have looked like each other. I mean, maybe exactly like each other."
" It gave Scott a chance to break free. She saved him. Allison saved his life." We started walking again, I skipped ahead of them.

We got into the library, I ran to the table with Scotty's scent, I sat down in his seat. Stiles and Lydia sat down, getting their stuff out, then I was lifted up, I smiled at Scotty. He sat down as he patted Stiles' shoulder, I sat on his lap, before Stiles pulled me to him and I started coloring as they studied.