Chapter 33

Skipping Visionary S3 E8

Stiles was spying on daddy,
Daddy said" Hey! Hey, hey, hey. Back it up." Stiles turned to Daddy," I know what you're thinking. I know you've got all these ideas about patterns and people dying in threes-"
Stiles said" Dad, murdered, okay? Sacrificed, actually."
" I've got half the state, including the FBI, coming in on this. They're not getting away with killing one of our own."
" Dad, they killed Tara. You know, how many times did she help me with my math homework when I had to wait at the station for you?"
" Just, uh, get to class, okay?" Stiles put on his bag, grabbing my hand as we started walking.

Their teacher, Ms. Blake said" Idioms, analogies, metaphors, and similes, all tools the writer uses to tell their story. Lydia, I wasn't aware you had so many hidden talents."
Lydia said" You and every guy I've ever dated."
" Oh, um, well, that was an idiom, by the way. Idioms are something of a secret to the people who know the language or the culture." She looked at Scotty and Stiles," They're phrases that only make sense if you know key words. Saying jump the gun is meaningful only if you know about the starting gun in a race, or a phrase like seeing the whole board."
Stiles said" Like chess."
" That's right, Stiles. Do you play?"
" Oh, no. My father does."
" Now, when does does an idiom become a cliche?"
Scott whispered" I think I can get to Ethan. I'm pretty sure I can make him talk."
Stiles whispered" What do you want to do that for?"
" The druids are emissaries, right? So what if the darach was an emissary to the alphas?"
" Okay, first of all, I cannot believe that we've gotten to the point where a sentence like what if the darach was an emissary to the alphas? Actually makes sense to me. Second of all, we're gonna have a huge problem getting to Ethan."
" What's that?"
" Going through Aiden. Ever since he's been back at school, they're always together. How are we gonna separate them again?" Then they turned around to look at Lydia,
She said" What now?" I looked at them, then to her, I don't get it.

Ethan said" Why are you even talking to me? I helped kill your friend. How do you know I'm not gonna kill another one?"
Stiles said" Is he looking at me? Are you threatening me? You know what I'm gonna do? I'm gonna break off an extra large branch of mountain ash, wrap it in wolfsbane, roll it in mistletoe, and shove it up your freaking-"
Scott said" Whoa, Stiles, okay. We get it." Scott grabbed my arm and nudged me to Stiles, I walked to Stiles and lifted my arms up. Stiles lifted me up, I laid my head on his shoulder, playing with his shirt." We're talking to you because I know you didn't want to kill Boyd. And I think that if something like that happened now, you wouldn't do it again."
" You don't know what we owe them, especially Deucalion. We weren't like Kali and Ennis when we met him. We weren't alphas."
" What were you?"
" Omegas. In actual wolf packs, omegas are the scapegoat, the last to eat, the one who has to take the abuse from the rest of the pack."
Stiles said" So you and your brother were, like, the bitches of the pack?"
" Something like that."
Scott said" What happened?"
" They were killers. I mean, people talk about us as monsters. Well, they were the ones who gave us the reputation. And our alpha was the worst of them."
Stiles said" Why didn't you guys just fight back? Form Voltron wolf, you know? Kick everyone's asses?"
" We couldn't, we didn't know how to control it back then."
Scott said" Deucalion taught you."
" And then, we fought. We took down the whole pack, one by one. And by the time we got to our alpha, he was begging for his life. And we tore him apart. Literally."
" What about your emissary? They're all dead? Kali and Ennis' too?"
" All of them except for Deucalion."
Stiles said" You mean Morrell?"
" Ah!"
Scott said" What? What's wrong? Are you hurt?"
" Not me. My brother."

We got into the locker room, Stiles put me down and ran to help Cora and Lydia, Ethan and Scott grabbed Aiden.
Ethan said" You can't do this!"
Aiden said" She came at me!"
" It doesn't matter! Kali gave Derek until the next full moon. You can't touch him or her." They walked out, I looked at Cora,
Stiles said" Hey, guys, I think she's pretty hurt."
Cora was cleaning her head,
Scott said" You okay?"
Lydia said" She doesnt look okay."
Cora said" I'll heal." She almost fell, Scott and Stiles went to help her," I said I'm fine."
Stiles said" Do you realize how suicidally crazy that was? What were you thinking going after them?"
" I did it for Boyd. None of you were doing anything."
Scott said" We're trying."
" And you're failing. You're just a bunch of stupid teenagers running around, thinking that you can stop people from getting killed. But all you do is show up late. All you really do is find the bodies." She walked away from them,
Stiles said" She's definitely a Hale. Mm. I'll make sure she gets home." He grabbed my hand and we started following her.
——
Stiles said" Philosophers?"
Allison said" And guardians, which after last night has to mean something like law enforcement, right? Stiles, you have to tell your dad. Tell him whatever you need but you have to get him to believe. Tell your dad. Warn him."
" Okay, okay, okay, I know."
Cora said" What're you gonna do?"
" I'm gonna tell him the truth. And I'm gonna need your help." I looked at him, tilting my head,
I said" Telling daddy?"
" Yeah, bubby."

Once we got home, Stiles was walking back and forth, Daddy and Cora was in his room with him. I was sitting at the door,
He said" Okay, okay, okay, okay. Yes, okay. No, oh-"
Daddy said" Stiles?"
" Dad, I'm sorry. I'm just- I'm trying to- I'm just trying to figure out how to start here."
" Hey, I don't have this kind of time."
" Um, for the last year, you've had all these cases that you couldn't figure out, right? I mean, all the murders involving Kate Argent, and then Matt killing all the people who had drowned him, and all these murders right now. It's like-It's like you've been playing a losing game."
" Stiles, the last thing I need right now is a job performance review from my own son."
" I know. Okay, see, but that's-that's just it, dad. The-The reason that you're losing the game is 'cause you've never been able to see the whole board. I need to show you the whole board."
Stiles put sticky notes on chess pieces, and tried to tell daddy what the notes mean.
Daddy said" Scott and Derek are werewolves?"
Stiles said" Yes."
" And Kate Argent was a werewolf?"
" Hunter. That's- Purple's hunter."
Cora said" Along with Allison and her father."
Daddy said" Yeah, and-and my friend Deaton, the veterinarian, is a kanima?"
Stiles said" Well, no, no, no, no, no. He's a druid, okay? Well, we think."
" So who's the kanima?"
" Jackson."
" No, Jackson's a werewolf."
" Jackson was the kanima first, and then Peter and Derek killed him and he came back to life as a werewolf. Now, he's in London."
" Who's the da-rack?"
" It's da-rock."
Cora said" We don't know yet."
" We don't know yet."
Daddy said" But he was killed by werewolves?"
" Slashed up and left for dead."
Cora said" We think."
" We think. Yeah."
Daddy said" Why was Jackson the kanima?"
" 'Cause sometimes the shape that you take reflects the person that you are."
" And what shape would an increasingly confused and angrier-by-the-second father take?"
" Uh, that would be more of an expression like the one you're currently wearing."
" Yeah." Daddy stood up,
" Dad-Dad, would you- I can prove it, okay? Look, she's one of them. A werewolf."
" Stiles, stiles! That's enough."
" Dad, can you please just hold on? You ready? All right, dad, just watch this, okay?" Then Cora fell, Daddy ran to her,
" Call an ambulance."

We were at the hospital, Stiles held me on his hip,
He said" That makes sense. Tara, she wasn't always a cop. She used to teach middle school." He was on the phone with Scotty," Yeah, but there's dozens of them, Scott, and they're all headed home."
We were walking behind daddy,
Stiles said" What did you see the night at the bank when Scott was trying to save Deaton?"
Daddy said" Nothing."
" Dad, you saw him healing himself after he tried crossing the mountain ash."
" I don't know what I saw."
" You saw something that you can't explain."
" Stiles, I have seen a lot of things I can't explain in this town. That doesn't make 'em supernatural and it doesn't make 'em real. They just found another body. That's real. And that's the lead I'm following." He walked away, Stiles followed,
" Yeah, and another teacher's going to die if you don't start listening to me."
Daddy yelled" I am listening! I have been listening!"
" You just don't believe." Daddy walked away," Mom would've believed me." Stiles grabbed my hand and we walked away, I looked back at daddy then looked at Stiles.
I said" Yellow eyes?" I let my eyes glow,
" No, no, no, bub, shut off the glow sticks." I rubbed my eyes, they stopped glowing," Good job, Riley. Let's go." He lifted me up, carrying me since I can't keep up with him when he walks faster.

We got to the school, and we got to Scotty, then we ran outside because Lydia wasn't with Scotty.
Stiles said" Lydia?"
Scott yelled" Lydia!" Scotty started looking around,
" Anything?" He shook his head, Looking around," She's not answering texts. What do we do? Scott?" Then there was a really loud scream, I screamed, covering my ears." Scott? Riley?!" I dug my face into Stiles' tummy till it stopped, Scotty ran, we followed him. I heard him roar, my eyes glowed and I started running after him.

I saw daddy, I tilted my head then Scotty was thrown back, I ran to him, blood came out of his mouth. Then Ms. Blake pushed the desk against the door, I saw Stiles. I crouched down,
Daddy said" There was a girl. Years ago, we found her in the woods, her face and body slashed apart. That was you, wasn't it?"
She said" Maybe I should've started with philosophers, with knowledge and strategy." He shot her leg, she healed," Healers..." She grabbed a knife in his chest, I whimpered then dug my face into Scotty's back, grabbing his shirt." Warriors... guardians... virgins." I heard a growl, then glass break, Scotty got up,
Stiles said" Dad?" I ran to Stiles, digging my face into his side, his hand sat on my head.