Chapter 70

The jeep started smoking,
Stiles said" No." I started coughing, then Stiles did, Stiles got out, I unbuckled and climbed out too. I sat on the grass, Stiles grabbed the tool box and threw it. He grabbed the wrench and went to throw it but threw at the jeep. I pulled my knees up, watching him, confused, I don't get what's happening. Stiles sat down on the other side of the jeep, I tilted my head.
——
My eyes glowed as I looked at Stiles, who was staring at the jeep getting towed. I closed my eyes, falling asleep, I didn't sleep last night, I was worried about Stiles.
I was lifted up, I opened my eyes, Stiles had me on his hip, I rubbed my eyes. They stopped glowing once I rubbed them.

We went into the sheriff's station, Stiles talked to a deputy,
The deputy said" Sheriff left half an hour ago. He said he was on his way back."
Stiles said" Okay, thanks. We'll just wait in his office." He walked into daddy's office, I whined, he put me down and pulled out a laffy taffy from my bag. He opened it and gave it to me, I grabbed it and started gnawing on it.
After a few minutes, everyone started freaking out, I looked at Stiles as the fire alarm went off. My eyes glowed, I growled, staring at the door,
Stiles said" Riley, what is it?"
I said" Parrish." Then deputies held up their guns, Stiles ran out,
" Wait, wait, wait... don't shoot! Don't shoot! Get back! Stay out of his way." Stiles grabbed my arm and we started following Parrish, I looked at Stiles, he lifted me up.
——
It was a full moon, I was growling and gnawing at Stiles' hoodie, tugging it between my fangs.
I heard Theo say" Sorry. I got here as fast as I could..." I growled at his voice and his smell,
Stiles said" We gotta go. Now, Parrish has got the bodies."
" Okay, wait up... Stiles, wait."
" Parrish is out and he's got the bodies. We've got to find Scott. And we've got to tell him."
" Stiles! I don't think Scott wants to talk to you right now."
" Yeah, thanks, I'm aware of that. It doesn't matter. He needs to know about this."
" Stiles... Scott doesn't want to talk to you. But I think your dad does." He held up Stiles' key card, I tilted my head then growled." Your dad was looking for you, Stiles. He found me instead."
" Where is he?"
" I covered for you. This was taken care of. If Melissa didn't find it at the hospital... guess even the son of a cop can make mistakes."
" Did you hurt him?"
" I never lied about why I came to Beacon Hills. I'm here for a pack. I came for the werecoyote. The one whose first instinct is to kill. I came for the banshee, the girl surrounded by death. I came for the dark kitsune, the beta with anger issues, the loyal pup... I came for Void Stiles." I growled as he got closer to my Stiles, no, no!," That's the pack I want. Unfortunately, it doesn't include Scott. Your heartbeat's rising, Stiles. It's not because you're afraid. Nogitsune is gone, but you've still got more blood on your hands than any of us."
" I'm about to get more."
" I'll tell you where your dad is, if you promise not to help Scott." Stiles punched Theo," There he is! That's Void Stiles. It felt good, didn't it?" Stiles punched him again," We won't tell Scott. 'Cause you can't lose your best friend, right? Even though we both know, you never needed him." Stiles grabbed him, pinning him to the ground," You hate me now, but you'll get it eventually. This is the hard part. 'Cause you can't help Scott and save your dad's life. You've still got time, Stiles. You've still got time." I whined and my claws dug into the ground, I growled, Scotty or daddy!

Theo told Stiles where daddy was, then grabbed me by the back of my neck. I roared and tried to claw him, he held me out,
He said" But I'll be taking Riley with me." I roared, growling, and trying to get free, I reached out for Stiles, for my Stiles.
Stiles said" I'm gonna find dad, Bub!" I cried out, reaching for him," It's gonna be okay, Riley." I roared, staring at him," It's gonna be okay. He can't hurt you. He'd never gain the trust of anyone if he hurt the pup of the pack." I roared... I don't understand! I want Stiles! I want Stiles!

Theo dragged me into the library, I saw Mason and Scotty, I whimpered loudly.
Theo said" I mean, seriously. You couldn't have waited five minutes?!" He pushed Mason, Mason hit his head and fell, Theo let go of me, I ran to Mason, hiding behind him." I should have stayed. I should've made sure."
Scotty said" Because now you have to kill me yourself."
" They're still mine. Maybe not yet, but they'll come around."
" Not for you." Then Theo punched his claws into Scott's stomach, I yelped and crouched down further." They're not like you. They never will be."
" Because I'm a chimera? Because I'm not a real werewolf?"
" Because you're barely even human." Theo pushed Scott onto the stairs, I started crying, then dug his claws in more. Scott gasped, then I couldn't hear his heartbeat, I breathed heavily, then growled. I ran at Theo, I pushed him, he grabbed the back of my neck with his claws, I growled loudly and squirmed. He threw me, I hit a bookshelf, I fell, he walked out, I tried to stand but couldn't. I cried out, I felt blood on my head,
Mason said" Riley!" He ran to me and lifted me up, I reached out for Scotty, crying.
I cried" Alpha! Scotty! Scotty! Scotty!" I reached for him again, feeling really dizzy,
" Shh, shh, you need to heal, Riley. Heal."
" I can't! I don't know how!"
" Just... just focus. Think... think about Stiles, he still needs you, right? So you need to heal." My eyes glowed, I healed, then got really sleepy, he put me down, and ran to Scotty.
——
I was lifted up,
I whined" Stiles, Stiles, Stiles, Stiles, Stiles, Stiles."
Melissa cooed" Shh, Riley, it's okay. Go back to sleep, go back to sleep." I fell back to sleep.