Chapter 67

Liam gripped my hand as we followed Hayden out,
Liam said" Hayden... Hayden, wait."
Hayden said" Asking me to close my eyes was weird. Sticking a glow stick in my face, even weirder. But werewolves and dead doctors?" He told her... a lot. And not very good, either. He's not good at explaining this stuff.
" Dread doctors."
" Whatever. Get away from me." She opened her car door,
" What if I could prove it to you?"
" Prove what?"
" This." He let go of my hand, and turned, he growled, she screamed and punched him, he fell. She drove away, I looked at Liam," Ow."
I said" Dumb move, Liam."

We found Hayden, Liam jumped onto her car and pulled off a sunroof,
He said" Come on!" They jumped off the car, Liam pulled me onto his back as they ran. I turned my head and looked at the dread doctors, I nuzzled my face into Liam's shoulder.

We got to Scotty's, I yawned, Liam put me down on Scotty's bed, I closed my eyes, falling asleep.
——
Stiles said" We're back to telluric currents?"
Scotty said" If the dread doctors didn't like coming into Eichen House because of them, maybe we can use them to protect Hayden."
" Okay, so, besides Eichen, where's the strongest convergence?"
" We're standing on it."
" You want to hide her in the high school? For how long?"
" If we have to, all night. Liam convinced Hayden not to say anything to her sister yet. She's working a double tonight, and she thinks Hayden's staying at a friend's house."
" But it's just a school though. You know, it's not exactly a fortress."
" Lydia's got an idea for that. Remember how Valack quoted Tesla?"
" Frequency and vibration."
" She thinks he wasn't saying that just to sound smart. She thinks maybe it was a clue."
" To do what?"
" Disrupt their frequency. Parrish took three cellphone jammers from the station. He thinks he can broaden their range of frequency. It's a long shot, but it's the best we've got right now." I started scribbling on a page of coloring book Stiles brought for me to not be bored.
——
I was pouting and growling at Stiles as he set everything up,
I said" Why can't go with you?!"
He said" Because Theo's gonna be there and I don't want you around Theo."
" Then go with Scott?!"
" No, because they're probably gonna be dealing with the dread doctors and I'm not risking that."
" But I don't wanna be alone!"
" Dad's at the station, okay? So just go there if you freak out."
" I wanna go with you!"
" You can't go with me. Just stay here, okay? Please! Just do this one thing for me, okay? Please..."
" Fine!" I sat on my bed, growling at him,
" I love you! I love you! I love you! You're gonna be so pissed at me for the next week! I love you, I owe you, we're at 6 now, right?"
" Yep!"
" Okay, I gotta go." He kissed my head, and ran out," Stay inside! Don't touch the stove! Uh... Mason's on channel 3 if anything goes wrong!" I heard the door slam, and lock, I sat down and sighed, I don't like when Stiles leaves me, I get scared. I whimpered and curled up on my bed, cuddling with Tigger.

I woke up when I felt something was wrong, I whimpered and started pacing on four feet. I grabbed my walkie, I put the channel on 3, and pressed the button.
I said" Mason, do you copy? Over." Nothing," Mason? Over. Mason, do you copy? Over." I whimpered," Mas, over? Do you copy?" I whined, then put it down, I breathed heavily, going wolf. I took off, jumping out my window and rolling onto the ground as fast as I could. I jumped up and ran on four feet...

I jumped over the hood of a car and raced into the school, I followed Scott's scent. I found him freaking out, I tilted my head and growled, trying to wake him. I whined and tugged at his shirt with my teeth, then I saw Mason. I growled, crouching down,
Mason said" I can help. Riley, I can help. Let me help." I backed down, he cut Scott with a little knife, Scott woke up screaming." Sorry! Sorry. I-I-I was trying to help. Liam said pain... he said it makes you human."
Scott said" What happened? What are you doing here?" I tugged at his jacket," Riley?"
" I found another chimera. His name's Corey."
" Wait. Where's Liam and Hayden?" Scott lifted me up, I nuzzled my face against his neck as I went back to human.
We went into the locker room and they were gone.
Lydia said" They're gone."
Malia said" Hayden and Liam are gone." I whimpered, nuzzling my face more into Scott's neck.