Chapter 8

Scott said" Lock it, lock it!"
Stiles said" Do I look like I have a key?"
" Grab something!"
" What?"
" Anything!" Stiles looked out the door, Scott stood up too," No."
" Yes."
" Stiles, no, don't." Stiles went out the door, I rubbed my eyes, breathing really fast, Scott grabbed my hand. He lifted me up, bouncing me, then I saw the monster in front of Stiles, I started crying." Come back, come back! Stiles!" Stiles stared at the monster then ran to the door and got in, they shut the door." Where is it? Where'd it go?" They backed away from the door, I looked at them," That won't hold, will it?"
" Probably not." Then we heard howling, they ran, I held onto Scott's jacket." The desk." Scott started pushing the desk," Shh! Stop, stop. The door's not gonna keep it out."
" I know."
" It's your boss."
" What?"
" Deaton, the alpha? Your boss."
" No."
" Yes, murdering psycho werewolf."
" That can't be."
" Oh, come on. He disappears, and that thing shows up 10 seconds later to toss Derek 20 feet through the air? That's not convenient timing?"
" It's not him."
" He killed Derek."
" No, Derek's not dead. He can't be dead."
" Blood spurted out of his mouth, okay? That doesn't exactly qualify as a minor injury. He's dead, and we're next."
" Okay, just... what do we do?"
" We get to my jeep, we get out of here, you seriously think about quitting your job, good?" They walked to the windows, Scott put me down to open the window." No, they don't open. The school's climate controlled."
" Then we break it."
" Which will make a lot of noise."
" Then... then we run really fast. Really fast. Stiles, what's wrong with the hood of your jeep?"
" What do you mean? Nothing's wrong."
" It's bent."
" Like, dented?"
" No, I mean bent."
" What the hell..." Then something came through the window, Stiles and Scott grabbed me, pulling me to them fast. We looked at the thing," That's my battery." Stiles went to get up but Scotty grabbed him,
" Don't move."
" We have to move."
" He could be right outside."
" He is right outside."
" Just let me take a look." Scott looked outside,
" Anything?"
" No."
" Move now?"
" Move now." They got up, Stiles lifted me up onto his hip, I held onto his shirt tightly." This way."
" No, no, no, no. Somewhere without windows."
" Every single room in this building has windows."
" Or somewhere with less windows."
" The locker room."
" Yeah."

We walked into the locker room,
Scott said" Call your dad."
Stiles said" And tell him what?"
" I don't know, anything. There's a gas leak, a fire, whatever. If that thing sees the parking lot filled with cop cars, it'll take off."
" What if it doesn't? What if it goes completely terminator and kills every cop in sight, including my dad?"
" They have guns."
" Yeah, and Derek had to be shot with a wolfsbane-laced bullet to even slow him down, you remember that?"
" Then we... we have to... we have to find a way out and just run for it."
" There's nothing near the school for at least a mile."
" What about Derek's car?"
" That could work. We go outside, we get the keys off his body, and then we take his car."
" And him."
" Fine. Whatever." Stiles walked to the door, going to open it, then Scott grabbed his arm." What?"
" I think I heard something."
" Like what?"
" Shh, quiet." Scott moved the flashlight, as we backed away from the door," Hide." Stiles opened a locker and put me down inside, then got in. My lip shook, Stiles covered my mouth, I buried my face into his side, I wanna go home! Then I heard someone come in, then someone scream, Stiles got out of the locker, grabbing my arm, pulling me out.
The man said" Quiet my ass, what the hell are you trying to do, kill me? Both of you get out."
Stiles said" Just listen for half a second, okay?"
" Not okay. Get the hell out of here right now." He started pushing us out, we got into the hallway,
" Just one second to explain."
" Just shut up and go." Then he was pulled back in, Stiles covered my eyes quickly, I heard the man screaming, Stiles gripped my arm, then grabbed Scott. We started running, I started crying, I tripped, Stiles pulled me up and held me tightly as they continued running.
They hit a door,
Stiles said" What the hell?" Scott looked out,
He said" It's a dumpster."
" He pushed it in front of the door."
" To block us in." Stiles put me down and started pushing harder,
" Come on, help me."
" Stiles, stop!" He pulled Stiles away, we started walking, Stiles grabbed my hand.
" I'm not dying here. I'm not dying at school."
" We're not going to die."
" God, what is he doing? What does he want?"
" Me. Derek says it's stronger with a pack."
" Yeah, great. A psychotic werewolf who's into teamwork. That's... that's beautiful." I rubbed my eyes, my lip was shaking, Scott stopped Stiles from walking. I looked out the window and saw the monster, then it started running to us. Scott lifted me up, as they took off running, I held onto him, crying, I wanna go home! They ran down the stairs, I looked at them, I started crying more.