Chapter 63

Daddy said" Oh, I should've got a haircut."
Stiles said" Well, you know someone your age should be happy you still have hair to cut."
Scotty said" I think you look great."
Daddy said" Well, thank you, son I should have had." I tugged at Scotty's shirt with my teeth, he grabbed my face with his hand." Oh, what the hell am I doing? This is a terrible idea."
Stiles said" What, dad... dad, it's one date, okay? The town of Beacon Hills won't implode while you're out with one woman. Or man." Daddy won't tell Stiles anything,
" It's a woman, Stiles."
" Okay."
" A very beautiful woman."
" What beautiful woman, by the way?"
" None of your business. Either one of you." Daddy looked at Scotty and me, I smiled widely,
" I want to know."
I heard someone yell" Stilinski!" I hid behind Scotty, Scotty told me to stay where I was by putting his hand on my chest and followed Daddy and Stiles out the door. I sat down and played with Tigger, then after a few minutes, they came back in.

The jeep wasn't cranking, Scotty was looking at Stiles,
Stiles said" It's anxiety."
Stiles said" What is?"
" The chemo signals? Oh, I'm well aware of how you all monitor my emotional state. Yeah." Stiles hit his hand on the steering wheel,
" You okay?"
" All right. I got this from Braeden a few hours ago." I yawned and cuddled Tigger, closing my eyes, falling asleep fast.

I woke up in my bed,
I said" Scotty? Stiles!" I scooted off and walked to Stiles' room, I looked around then saw the recorder. I grabbed it and pressed play,
Stiles said" Hey, bub, Lydia found a critical scene, not that you'll know what that means, but we're there, you were asleep, didn't want to wake you up. So I'll be home as soon as I can. Don't leave the house. Everything's locked." It ended, I put it down and walked back to my room, I saw a bowl of grapes on my coloring table. I smiled and grabbed them, walking back to Stiles' room. His computer had Cars on it, I giggled and began watching cars.
——
Lydia said" Tracy wasn't just having trouble sleeping. It was a real disorder. It was night terrors."
Stiles said" Well, now she's the night terror. Especially since no one can find her."
Scotty said" Okay, I know we're all tired and miserable..." I looked at Mason, Liam messed up," Except for you."
Mason said" Oh. I'm sorry. This is all just mind-blowing. You're a kitsune. I don't even know what that is."
Kira said" I'm still learning."
Stiles said" Liam, we said you could tell him. Not invite him to the inner circle."
Mason said" Uh, I'm in the inner circle."
Stiles and Liam said" No." I got bored, and walked to the field, then found a beetle. I sniffed at it then started following it on four feet, I moved my head side to side.
Then I was lifted up by my tummy, I looked up,
Stiles said" Bub, if you eat that bug, I'm finding you a muzzle." I tilted my head," And I know that tilt, a muzzle is what they put on doggies that won't stop biting."
I said" Hey!"
" Don't eat bugs, please? You puked up for 3 days during summer because you ate a dragonfly."
" It was flying around my head!"
" Because it flies!"
" Head! So I snapped at it!"
" And ate it."
" Duh."
" So, you know... just... track something else that can't fit in your mouth."
" Okay!"

I was with Liam and Mason, I caught a weird scent, I sniffed the air again, and started following it.
I heard Mason say" What's he doing?"
Liam said" He's tracking... Riley, what're you tracking?"
I said" I dunno. Smells funny."
" Uh... gym clothes funny or moldy fruit funny."
" Penny funny."
" Penny? Metallic?"
" I dunno."
Mason said" You've come up with different words for funny?"
Liam said" He can smell better than me or even Scott. So, he mainly goes by scent. Like... I smell like apples to him, don't ask, I don't know why he thinks that. Lydia smells like flowers, Kira smells like oranges. Stiles smells like... um... Stiles."
" What does gym clothes mean?"
" Something that smells sweaty and musky. Moldy fruit is something that smells just weird, like moldy fruit. But I've never heard of the penny one, so that's new."
" Which is what? Good or bad?"
" Uh... sometimes Riley follows the scent that he likes best, so we're never really sure. He led us to a raccoon den because it smelled like trash during the summer. He got bit twice, Scott got bit 5 times because he had to save Riley."
" Wow."
" Yeah, Riley's more instinctive than we are, but since he's still a kid, it's like a blurry line to him."
" He's a werewolf pup?"
" We call him a Riley." I stopped, and we walked into their class, I tilted my head at a girl. I whined and growled, my eyes glowed," Whoa! Riley..." He lifted me up, and held my head against his neck. I whined and dug my face into his neck, holding onto his shirt tightly.
Then I smelled Scotty,
Liam whispered" She's here. She's in history class right now. Tracy. She's here." Then Liam pulled the fire alarm, he rubbed my back, bouncing me a little. Then he put me down, he looked at me," Stay right here." He and Scotty walked into Kira's dad's class.

They came out, Scotty carrying Tracy, Stiles and Malia ran up, then they walked out. Stiles leaving me with Liam since it's safer, Tracy hurt a girl,
The girl said" She wasn't even supposed to be in our class. Where are they taking her?"
Liam said" Uh... The hospital, I guess. Do you need help getting to the nurse's office?"
" I think I'll make it." She waked away, Liam lifted me up onto his back, my arms wrapped around his neck. We met up with Lydia and Kira,
Kira said" They're taking her to the animal clinic?"
Liam said" Yeah, to see if Deaton can figure out what's wrong with her."
Lydia said" What's wrong with her is that she killed two people. Her father, and, according to Parrish, her psychiatrist."
Kira said" Isn't there anyone else we can talk to? Does she still have her mom, any family?"
I said" Alpha?"
Lydia said" Yeah, Riley. If she's a werewolf, she has an alpha, right? Anyone know if a new one's moved into Beacon Hills?"
Kira said" No, but there's an old one. One of the oldest. We know her."
Liam said" And her pack." Brett. Who Liam doesn't like. I yawned against Liam's shoulder,
" Is Riley staying with you?"
" Yeah, definitely."
——
We walked onto the field, Liam let go of my hand to cross his arms as he stared at Brett.
Mason said" So, he's a werewolf too?"
Liam said" Yup."
" This just gets better and better."
I said" You have a crush on Liam's worst enemy?!" Liam scoffed,
" No, no... no. Does he say anything he thinks?"
Liam said" Pretty much."
" And he's never told anyone..."
" He's a 6 year old. And Stiles told me Riley believed he was a dragon for 2 months. So, it's fine."

I pounced onto Brett, Liam showed him the picture of Tracy,
He said" Cute. But never seen her."
Liam said" Could Satomi have turned her without you knowing?"
" After the dead-pool, Satomi's not exactly doing much recruiting."
Mason said" That's how it works? Alpha werewolves just go around biting people?"
" Or you can be born, like me and my sister. Or Riley, here. Satomi took us in after our family died in a fire."
Liam said" Guys, I think I just found something."
——
I was holding Mason's hand,
Brett said" Sure you know where you're Going?" It's dark and kinda scary, but it's not my first time in the woods at night.
Liam said" I know where I am."
" So do I. Middle of nowhere." Then Mason and I fell, I screamed,
Mason said" Guys? I think I found it."
Liam said" See the necklace?" Mason looked around with his phone light,
" No, I don't see it." Brett grabbed his hand and pulled him up, I crouched down and jumped up, Liam caught me in his arms. He put me down next to him," Liam, I... I thought you said this was a sinkhole."
" It's a hole. What's the difference?" They crouched down,
" I mean, look at all these handprints and look at all this dirt."
Brett said" She didn't fall in here."
Liam said" She was buried."
Mason said" Intense."

Liam jumped down into the hole, I looked at my hand, it felt like when you lay on it too long and it gets all weird.
Liam said" Why isn't it here?"
Brett said" She probably came back for it." Liam jumped out of the hole, I looked at him,
" I don't think this is the one."
Mason said" What do you mean?"
" It was closer to the bridge. Much closer. This is a different hole."
" Then who crawled out of this one?" I looked at them, then I felt something wrong was happening.
I said" Bye-Bye, Liam!"
Liam said" No... Riley!" I took off running, going onto four feet, I got really, really fast.
——
I skidded into the station, and saw Tracy... she's not a werewolf like us, scary! I saw daddy on the ground, I growled,
Lydia said" Oh, god, no, Riley!" I pounced onto Tracy's tail, I bit her tail, she hissed loudly.
I heard daddy say" Riley!" I looked at him, then I was clawed, I yelped loudly and was thrown off. I hit the wall, Tracy looked like Jackson, when Jackson was Kanima... Kanima! Oh, no! Then Tracy ran off, after Kira cut her tail off. Kira ran to me,
She said" Oh, god." She lifted me up, I started crying," Shh, you're okay, Riley, shh, shh." She put me down, then dragged Lydia in, Lydia was hurt, she can't heal like us. I couldn't move, I whimpered, I don't like this! I want Stiles! I want Stiles!

I saw Malia,
Lydia said" Malia."
Malia said" Lydia?"
" Okay. Hey, it's not as bad as it looks. Malia. Listen... Tracy... she thinks... she thinks she's asleep. She thinks she's dreaming. It's a night terror."
" I... I don't know what..."
" She... She's not dreaming. She's not asleep. Get her to understand."
Daddy said" Malia! Basement. They're in the basement."
Malia said" They?"
Lydia said" Tracy... and my mother." I saw more blood on my shirt, I whimpered.
Kira said" Shh, Riley. Shh." She moved one of her hands and held it against my tummy, I cried." It'll heal soon, I swear... just, shh, it's okay, you're okay."