Chapter 81

Season 6A

Daddy said" What in the hell were you two thinking?" They're in trouble... big trouble.
Scotty said" We were just trying to help."
" Why don't you try and help me understand... what the hell happened here?"
Stiles said" Right, well, we were trying to gently persuade him to pull over..." Aka Scott was on the hood of the car, shifted and growling.
Scotty said" He was getting away."
Daddy said" He got away."
Stiles said" Right. Because obviously he's some sort of criminal mastermind, dad."
" Uh-huh. You want to guess what the stolen merchandise is?" We walked to the back of the van and daddy opened the doors," Hmm?"
" Critical life-saving medical equipment?"
" No."
" Poison gas?"
" Nope."
" Filled with drugs?"
" Helium."
" Helium?"

Scotty said" This could be a good thing." Scotty was driving,
Stiles said" That we saved helium?"
" I mean, that... they don't need us anymore."
" Okay, well, they need us. They just don't know it."
" We're all going off to college soon. So Beacon Hills is gonna have to survive without us."
" Beacon Hills burn to the ground without us."
" Stiles... they don't need us." Stiles' phone vibrated, he held it up to Scott to see.
" They need us!" I saw it was daddy calling, they need us.

We got to the station, Liam and Hayden found a kid, saying someone took his parents, and he can't remember. So Scotty's gonna do the alpha thingy with his claws.
Scotty said" You ready?" He nodded, Scotty stuck his claws into the back of his neck, we waited.
Scotty came out,
Stiles said" What'd you see?"
Scotty said" I saw a guy on a horse."
" Horse?"
" He had a gun."
Daddy said" Okay, a guy with a gun. That sounds like my department, not yours."
Stiles said" What about his parents? What happened to them?"
Scotty said" I don't know. That's all I remember. But... I got this feeling."
Daddy said" What kind of feeling?"
The kid said" They're coming back. They're coming for me."

We were in the car yard, looking at the kid's car,
Lydia said" I'm not getting anything." I heard Malia coming, then she jumped over the tires and ran over to us, she shifted back to normal. Lydia gave her clothes," I don't think they're dead."
Malia said" They're dead. Probably torn apart. The only thing I don't get is why there's no blood."
" They're not dead. If they were dead, I'd sense it."
" If they were alive, I'd smell it."
Scotty said" Yeah, I'm not getting anything either."
Stiles said" Scott, what are you talking about? You were in his head for four minutes. I timed it."
" Well, it's not an exact science. And he's a kid. Maybe he's too freaked out to remember."
Malia said" Why does it matter if they're dead? Dead is dead."
Stiles said" Okay, if it's just a robbery, we can't help them. And if it's something supernatural, my dad can't help them." He wants it to be supernatural.
Lydia said" It sounds like you want it to be supernatural."
" It's been, like, three months since anything's happened."
" Yeah, and once a week you drag me out of bed like I'm some sort of supernatural metal detector." Once a week? No way! It's way more than that.
" Okay, it is way more often than that. Y-You can't tell me that you think this is just some series of impossible coincidences?"
" What I'm saying is maybe that wouldn't be so bad." She and Malia walked away, Stiles turned to look at Scotty. Scotty shrugged, Stiles walked to the car and got into the car. Scotty and I walked over to him,
Scotty said" You're starin' at a broken windshield."
Stiles said" There's something wrong with it."
" It's broken. And it wasn't a magic bullet. It was a regular bullet. That blew out a regular windshield. Just like that one," We looked at one, hold on..." And that one..." They were different! Stiles grabbed a piece of glass,
" Magic bullet."
——
I was sitting on the table, Stiles kept ruining Malia's yearbook photo, so she finally gave up.
Malia said" Maybe because you haven't signed up for your own photo yet?"
Stiles said" Yes, I did."
" It's blank."
" Uh..."
Scotty said" Or maybe you're sublimating the stress of graduating by avoiding key milestones Psych paper."
" Hey, the deputy searched the car. No slugs, no exit hole. And the address Alex gave my dad, it's an abandoned house. Come on! Missing parents, suspicious guy on horseback, magic bullet. Who's comin' with?"
Malia said" I've got to retake my photos."
Lydia said" Yeah, not interested."
Scotty said" I cannot miss any more classes."
Stiles said" Scott."
" I missed 38 last semester."
" Scott."
" And Lydia's mom is the only reason I'm still in school. I can go after school."
" You know what? Forget it. I'll take Liam." He looked over to where Liam and Hayden were, they were kissing a lot." Yeah, I'm not taking Liam."
" Mmm-mmm."
Stacy said" Hey, can I get a candid?"
" Yeah, sure." Scott pulled Stiles to the table, I sat on my knees, smiling,
Stiles said" Okay, fine. If you can explain to me why this is blue, I'll let it go." He gave Scotty the shard of glass, it was blue, it was weird.
Stacy said" Everyone, smile." We all looked at the camera and smiled, the camera clicked.