Chapter 79

I was given to Stiles,
Scotty said" His body's trying to heal, his right leg is shattered."
Stiles said" I got him, Kira..."
Kira said" And I've got him."
" Hey, bub, you awake?" I nodded against his shoulder," How about you get some sleep? How does that sound?"
I mumbled" Good."
" Okay." He laid me on Scotty's couch, pulling a blanket over me, I yawned and fell asleep quickly.
I woke up a little,
I heard Stiles say" You have a gun. The Desert Wolf who is trying to kill me, has a gun. I think I should probably have a gun."
I said" Braeden, don't! He's dumb!" I heard something clatter on the ground,
" I probably shouldn't have a gun. And Go back to sleep, Riley." I giggled, nuzzling my face against the pillow and fell back to sleep.
——
Stiles said" My dad's got an APB out..."
Kira said" For a 5'8 16 year old?"
" I recommended nine-foot tall rampaging werewolf."
Liam said" It still might not be him. But, Hayden's at the school looking."
Malia said" I can keep checking the woods." I was staring at Corey, his heartbeat was easy to find, and his scent was different than anyone in the pack."
Scott said" My mom can check all the hospitals in the county. We can find him."
Liam said" What happens then?"
" We figure out a way to save him."
Lydia said" Okay. Where else could we look?"
I said" Can we ask Corey now?" Scotty looked at me, with a tiny smile, then pulled Corey out of the invisible world.
Corey said" Wait. Wait. It's not my fault. They took him and I couldn't do anything. They took him..."
Scotty said" Who?"
" The dread doctors."
——
We walked into the daddy's office, Stiles was carrying me, I was still healing.
Stiles said" Still nothing from Scott and Liam." Stiles closed the door,
Lydia said" Are we really sure this is a good idea?"
" Uh, no. No one thinks this is a good idea."
Daddy said" But you're trusting Theo, anyway?"
" We're not trusting him. We're using him."
Lydia said" What if he's using us?"
" That's probably a given. But, look, we're just trying to cover every place Mason could show up. Malia and Braeden are at Scott's house."
Daddy said" Melissa's got the hospital."
Lydia said" Hayden and Corey are at the school."
" Somebody's got to find him."
" Let's hope they find Mason, and not the Beast." I flopped my head onto Stiles' shoulder,
Stiles said" Okay, bub, let's see if the leg healed." He put me down, I put pressure on my right foot, I yelped and jumped with my left foot, my tummy on Stiles' face." Okay, that's no, let go, let go, do not dig your claws into my face."
Daddy said" What happened to his leg?"
" Uh... well... I lost him last night and he ran into the Beast... got scared, attacked, and... the beast slammed his little 6 year old body into the wall and he shattered his leg." Daddy sighed, then looked at me,
" I didn't need to know that."
" Probably not, but he's healing... just slowly, since he's still young, and hasn't really figured out how to kickstart the healing process." I climbed down Stiles' body and he held me on his hip." He just needs a few more hours and he'll be back to normal, with a slight limp for a few till it heals fully."

Stiles and Lydia were on phone calls, then Stiles crashed into the wall,
I said" Okay?"
Stiles said" Yeah, bub! Couldn't have warned me?"
" Nope!"
" Okay, great." I yawned, my eyes flashed as I rubbed them," Uh, why don't you take a nap because you need sleep to heal?"
" Okay, Stiles." I laid down on the couch, holding Tigger, falling asleep instantly.
——
I was watching Stiles sleep on the couch, Lydia walked in, she looked at me then to Stiles. She poked his forehead,
He said" Hmm? What? What happened? Who's dead?"
Lydia said" No one." He scooted over, she sat down," Well, at least not yet." They checked their phones, and it was nothing," You okay?"
" Yeah, I'm still thinking. Still trying to figure out why Mason? I mean, he wasn't even on the genetic chimera list." Melissa walked in,
She said" He is now. Mason was born with twin embolization syndrome." She put a file on daddy's desk in front of me, Stiles and Lydia walked up.
Lydia said" You mean fetal resorption? He had a vanishing twin in utero?"
" Which accounts for two sets of DNA."
Stiles said" Can someone please say it with words that have less than three syllables?"
" He ate his twin."
" Oh, god."
Lydia said" But did it help?"
Melissa said" I don't know. But it's just bizarre enough to sound like it might be important, right?"
" It has to help. There has to be something." Melissa showed them a picture, I looked at them, confused, I don't really understand.