Chapter 12

I was staring at Scotty, I didn't leave him, I couldn't. He woke up, jumping off the table, I ran to him,
Doc said" Welcome back to the land of the conscious. You doing okay? Maybe you should sit down, huh?" The door bell jingled, I smelled the monster, Peter, I wrapped my arms around Scott's leg." Hello?" He walked to the front but Scotty stopped him, Doc moved," I'm sorry, but we're... we're closed."
I heard Peter say" Hi there. I'm here to pick up." I looked at Scott, he rubbed my head,
" I'm not sure I remember you dropping off."
" This one wandered in on its own." Scott grabbed my arm, we walked backwards to the corner, he put me behind him, crouching down. I held onto his back, staring at the doorway, I was shaking,
" Even if he did, I'm afraid I can't help you. We're closed."
" I think you can make a exception this one time. Don't you?"
" I'm sorry, that's not going to be possible. Maybe you could come back during regular hours."
" You have something of mine. I'm here to collect it."
" Like I said, we're closed."
" Mountain ash. That's an old one." I heard a chair break,
" Let me be as clear as possible. We are closed."
" There are others who can help me get what I want, Scott. More innocent and far more vulnerable."
Scott whispered" Allison!" I nuzzled my face into the back of his neck, I'm sleepy.

I was cuddling Stiles, Scott lost his phone, and they were trying to find it. Scott told Stiles everything that happened, my eyes closed, then I fell asleep.
——
Stiles was bouncing me his arms as he got me out of the bath,
He said" Come on, bubby, just stay awake for like 45 minutes, and then bed time."
I whined" No, sleepy now."
" You need to eat, I'll fix mac and cheese?"
" Bed time." I nuzzled my face into his neck,
" Dinner time then bed time."
" No!"
" You know, you scared me half to death, I just walked into your room and you were gone... then I figured you were probably with Scott and I knew you were safe."
" Sleepy, Stiles."
" Okay, okay, fine, you win, bub, bed time it is."
——
They cornered Jackson,
Jackson said" You want me to take her to the formal."
Scotty said" I don't want you to. I need you to."
" Screw you. You know what? Screw you, too. In fact, screw each other."
Stiles said" Hey, You know he saved your life, right?"
" He left me for dead."
Scott said" I got shot for you."
" Oh, yeah? Show me the bullet wound."
" You know it healed."
" Mm, convenient."
" Just do it for Allison, Okay? She's in serious danger. I'm talking around the clock danger. She needs someone to keep an eye on her at the dance."
" Just have her dad do it, okay? He's the one actually equipped to handle this."
" How am I supposed to do that and keep him from finding out about me?"
" Not my problem." He tried to move past Scott but Scott stopped him,
" You're her friend, too. You are. All that time that you spent with her to get to me, you can't tell me that you didn't get to know her and like her. It's Allison. It's impossible to not like her. You can't tell me that you don't care if she gets hurt."
" What if I get hurt?"
" Then it's worth it."
" Not to me." He walked away from us, I looked at them,
Stiles said" Well, I shouldn't say I told you so. 'Cause it's not strong enough. How about I'm always right, and you should listen to whatever I have to say and never disagree, ever, ever, for the sake of your wolflihood?"
Scott said" I'm not done."
" You're not done." He leaned against the locker again, I smiled at him, then looked to Scotty,
" One more thing." He went a little wolf, and pinned Jackson to the door, I giggled, bouncing in my spot. Stiles lifted me up, ruffling my hair, he kissed my head.

Stiles put me down next to him and they looked at Jackson, who was asking Allison to the dance because Coach banned Scott was the dance, I listen a lot. I started playing with Tigger, waiting,
Stiles said" Hey, don't worry, I'll still be there."
Scott said" I'm still going."
" Is that such a good idea? Do you even have a date?"
" Not yet."
" Do you have a suit?"
" Not yet."
" Do you have a ticket to the formal? A ride there?"
" No. And no."
" So, you're gonna ride your bike to a dance that you're not even allowed to go to without a date, a suit, or a way in with werewolves and werewolf hunters all out to kick your little werewolf ass."
" Yeah. You gonna help me?"
" Hell yeah." I pounced up to Scott, he caught me and held me on his hip as we walked away.
I said" Mistin Scotty pobble." They laughed," What funny?"
" You mean Mission Scotty possible."
" That what I say."
" Yeah, sure, bub." Scott nuzzled our noses together, I giggled, scrunching up my face.
——
I was watching Stiles, he sniffed some perfume, then started sneezing, I laughed, he stuck his tongue out to me, I laughed more. Then he saw Allison and Lydia, he smiled and waved at them.

Stiles was turning into a dress person,
Stiles said" Okay, so are you just gonna try these on right now? All of them? Is this a 24-hour Macy's? Uh, Riley, stay." He walked away, following Lydia, I giggled, walking to Allison, she smiled at me and held my hand as she looked at dressed. She turned the mirror and I saw Peter, I gulped, I wrapped my arm around her stomach. Peter walked up to us,
He said" That's not your color. Sorry if that was intrusive, but considering your skin tone, I'd go lighter."
Allison said" 'Cause I'm pale?"
" Fair. I mean, you can't call skin like yours pale. Not skin that perfect."
" Okay."
" Trust me, I have a unique perspective on the subject. Do you mind?" He grabbed Allison's hand, I whimpered, holding tighter to Allison's stomach." See? Much better." Allison put her hand on my head, closing her jacket," You're not here alone, are you? Shopping for dresses with friends." Allison nodded," High school dance."
" Formal."
" Oh."
The speaker said" Attention, shoppers. The owner of a blue Mazda, license plate 5UN I768."
Allison said" Did she just say a blue Mazda?"
" Your car is being towed..."
" What? That's my car." She grabbed my hand and walked fast, I followed her, I looked at Scott as we walked past him." Hey, Riley, go wait with Stiles and Lydia, okay?" I nodded, she walked off but watched as I ran to the dressing rooms.
——
Stiles was getting me dressed,
He said" See, you're lucky, you don't have to wear fancy stuff." I smiled, giggling," Look, you stay close tonight, okay? Just don't go wandering off, without me."
I said" Okay!"
" I'm serious, Unless I tell you, okay? Promise me, huh?"
" Pro-promise."

We picked up Lydia, Stiles made me leave Tigger at home, I'm sad. I wanted Tigger with me.
——
We got to the dance, Stiles unbuckled me and I got out, standing next to him, sighing.
Lydia said" Jackson. You look handsome."
Jackson said" Obviously. It's Hugo Boss." He walked away with Allison,
" I don't care. I don't want compliments. I will not fall prey to society's desire to turn girls into emotionally insecure neurotics who pull up their dresses at the first flattering remark."
Stiles said" Well, I think you look beautiful."
" Really?" He held out his arm for her, I held his jacket, following him, I rubbed my eyes.

Stiles said" You want to dance?"
Lydia said" Pass."
" You know what? Let me try that again." He stood up," Lydia, get off your cute little ass and dance with me now."
" Interesting tactic. I'm gonna stick with no."
" Lydia, get up, okay? You're gonna dance with me. I don't care that you made out with my best friend for some weird power thing, I don't... Lydia, I've had crush on you since the third grade. And I know that somewhere inside that cold, lifeless exterior there's an actual human soul. And I'm also pretty sure that I'm the only one who knows how smart you really are. Uh-huh. And that once you're done pretending being a nitwit, you'll eventually go off and write some insane mathematical theorem that wins you the Nobel prize."
" A Fields Medal."
" What?" She stood up,
" Nobel doesn't have a prize for mathematics. The Fields Metal's the one I'll be winning." She grabbed his hand, walking away, I smiled, clapping my hands. Stiles fist pumped, I laughed,
Then I heard Coach say" McCalll! I see you! Come here, buddy!" Scotty run, and think of an idea! He ran to Danny, then Coach caught him." McCall, you're not supposed... what the hell are you..." I giggled," What the hell are you doing?" I walked to Allison, holding her hand, she smiled at me, i bit my tongue.
Scotty said" Yes, Coach?"
" Okay..." He laughed," Hold on, you... I was just saying he's not supposed to... I mean, I wasn't saying that he shouldn't... you guys don't think... you don't... I-I was... Just dance, everybody! Just dance! It's a dance! It's a party!" He walked away from them,
" Thanks, dude, I owe you!" I squeaked, bouncing up and down as Scotty ran over." Allison..."
Allison said" Yes, I would love to dance with you." I smiled, pushing Allison a little, she laughed and ruffled my hair, I walked away from
Them and sat on the bleachers.
——
Lydia went looking for Jackson, Stiles and I walked out the gym doors and we saw Jackson.
Stiles said" Where the bell have you been? Did Lydia ever find you?" Jackson was nervous, really really nervous," What? What's wrong?"
Jackson said" I-I-I was out behind the school, and I- I was out..." I held onto Stiles' shirt,
" What happened? Jackson. What did you do?"
Jackson told Stiles everything, I got scared,
Stiles said" Riley, stay inside, stay with Scott, I'll be right back." He was trying to stay calm, but I heard his heart beat, I nodded, he ran off, I ran into the gym, I sniffed the air, following Scott's smell.

I got to the buses, I saw Scott then two cars on each side of him, he was stuck between buses. I whimpered, my eyes glowed,
I said" Scotty!" I ran to him, the cars revved, I yelped, then they moved to us, Scott grabbed my shirt, jumping up, landing on the hoods. I looked at Allison, scrambling onto Scott's back quickly.