Chapter 21

Daddy said" Oh, what the hell is this?"
Stiles said" Veggie burger."
" Stiles, I asked for a hamburger."
" Well, veggie is healthier. We're being healthy. Except for Riley who pitched a tantrum." I smiled at him,
" Oh, hell, why are you trying to ruin my life?"
" Okay, I'm trying to extend your life, okay? Could you just eat it, please? And tell me what you found."
" No, I'm not sharing confidential police work with a teenager and pre-schooler." I tugged Stiles' sleeve, looking behind Daddy,
" Is that it on the board behind you?"
" Don't look at that."
" A'ight."
" Avert your eyes."
" Okay."
" Hey!"
" Just- it's just- I see arrows pointing at pictures."
" Okay, okay, stop. Fine. I found something." I smiled," Mechanic and the couple who were murdered l. They all had something in common."
" All three?"
" Yeah. You know what I always say. One's an incident. Two's a coincidence."
" Three's a pattern."
" The mechanic, the husband, the wife- all the same age. All 24."
" Wait a minute, but what about Mr. Lahey? I mean, Isaac's dad isn't anywhere near 24."
" Which made me think that either A, Lahey's murder wasn't connected or B, the ages were a coincidence, until I found this, which would be C." He handed Stiles a file," Did you know that Isaac Lahey had an older brother named Camden?"
" Died in combat?"
" But if he were alive today, take one guess as to how old he'd be."
" 24." They got up and walked to the board, I ate my chicken nugget, looking at them." Now what if same age means same class- I mean, did you think of that?"
" Yeah, yeah." No, no," Well, I would've. I mean, I-Look I just got Lahey's file two hours ago."
" Two hours ago? Dad, people could be dying."
" Yeah, I'm aware of that. Thank you."
" Same class." They looked at each other,
I said" Wearbook?" They looked at me,
" Yearbook. Ye-sound, bubby. But yes, correct."

They got the files,
Stiles said" Okay, this is it. Class of 2006. They all went to Beacon Hills."
Daddy said" Including Isaac's brother."
" All right, but so what if they all knew each other, you know? I mean, two of them were married, so maybe they all just hung out."
" Well, they could have had the same classes together. They could've-"
" What?"
" Same teacher."
" Harris. They were all in his class?"
" All four. And I don't know how Mr. Lahey fits in, but this- kid, this is definitely a pattern. All right, give me the 2006 yearbook. These names, we need faces."
" Which ones?"
" Everyone in that chemistry class. If the killer's not done killing..."
" One of them's next."
" Yeah. Yeah, it's Stilinski." I yawned and played with Tigger, humming again.
——
We got to the school, Scott got me out, lifting me onto his hip,
He said" There's got to be some other way to get tickets, right?"
Stiles said" It's a secret show. There's only one way, and it's a secret."
Matt said" Hey. Either of you guys know why no one's getting suspended after what happened the other day at school?"
" Just forget about it. Nobody got hurt."
" I-I had a concussion."
" Well, nobody got seriously hurt."
" I was in the ER for six hours." I laid my head on Scott's shoulder,
" Hey, do you want to know the truth, Matt? Your little bump on the head is about this high..." He crouched down," On our list of problems right now." He stood up,
Scott said" Are you okay?"
Matt said" Yeah, I'm fine now. So you didn't get any tickets last night either."
" Are they still selling?"
" Uh, no, but I managed to find two online. You should keep trying. Sounds like everyone's going to be there." He walked away,
Stiles said" I don't like him. Hey, are you sure about this?"
Scott said" Last time, whoever's controlling Jackson had to kill somebody because he didn't finish the job, so what do you think he's going to do this time?"
" Be there to make sure it happens."

We were in the locker room,
Coach said" Can anybody tell me where the hell Jackson is and why he missed morning practice?"
Stiles whispered" I thought I told you to keep an eye on him."
" Stilinski! Jackson?"
Stiles said" Sorry, Coach, I haven't seen him since the last time I saw him."
" Oh, and when was that?"
" Last time I saw him was definitely the time I saw him last." I tilted my head, looking up at Stiles, he closed his eyes and breathed out.
" Again. Danny, tell Jackson no missing practice this close to the championships, okay?"
Danny said" Sure, Coach."
" That goes for all of you. I should be coaching college." He closed the door, they looked at Danny,
" Sorry, but I only got two myself."
Stiles said" What- Do you even have a date yet?"
" I'm working on it."
" Okay, okay. Hear me out. You give us the tickets, and you devote your life to abstinence and just-" Isaac grabbed Scott and Stiles' backs,
He said" Do you you two losers even survive?"
Scott said" What are we supposed to do? No one's even selling?"
" Wait here, boys."
Stiles said" What's he-" Then Isaac grabbed a guy, Stiles covered my eyes, but I heard stuff hitting stuff." Oh, my- Yup. That's excessive." A really big crash," That'll bruise."
Scott said" Ow."
" Wow, okay." I held onto his wrist, waiting,
I heard Isaac say" Enjoy the show." Then walk away, I moved Stiles' fingers, looking up at them.
——
I was petting the doggies at Scott's job, they were talking to Doc, I giggled as one licked me. One doggy growled at me, I growled back,
I said" No, bad doggy, no growl at me, Am friend!" I pet it, I smiled," See? Good boy! Good doggy!"
I heard Stiles say" I'm learning more about this kid every day."
Scott said" Come on, little dude, say bye to the dogs."
I said" Bye-Bye, doggies!" I ran to them, holding Scott's hand,
Stiles said" He has mini fangs, come on, that's-that's just weird."
Scott said" I think it's cool."
" Like splinter sized fangs, how is that gonna help him?"
" Don't know."
" I mean, seriously? To bruise the skin?"
" Let's go."
" Okay, okay."
——
I woke up, rubbing my eyes, Scott lifted me up,
Scott said" You okay?" Stiles was sad, why was he sad?
Stiles said" Yeah, why?"
" You just didn't say anything the whole way here."
" No, I'm fine. Let's grab the other bag."
" I can't. Remember Deaton said you have to do it alone."
" Okay, this plan is really starting to suck."
" No. Not here, not now." Scott put me down, as he ran off,
" What? Scott! What am I supposed to- plan officially sucks." I looked at Stiles, whimpering," Oh, god... no, no, Riley, it's okay, it's okay, uh.. go find Scott, never speak a word of this in the house ever, stay with Scott, don't leave his side. And stay out of sight, okay." He pulled up the hood on my hoodie, it was really big," Just be careful." He kissed my head," It's fine, I'll be okay."
I said" W'kay, Stiles." I ran to catch up to Scott.

I got inside, it was really loud and kinda dark, I sniffed the air, and found Scott's smell. I followed it, sliding through the really small cracks of people.
I got to him, he was with Isaac,
Isaac said" Why me?"
Scott said" Because I got to make sure that Argent doesn't completely ruin the plan. Okay, look, you better do it intravenously which means in the vein. When you find him, you pull back on this plunger right here. In the neck's probably is going to be the easiest. So you find a vein, you jam it in there, and pull back on the trigger. Be careful."
" Oh, I doubt it'll even slightly hurt him."
" No, I mean you. I don't want you to get hurt." Scott grabbed the back of my hoodie and walked away, I followed him. He lifted me up, I whimpered, he ruffled my hair, kissing my head." Hey, Riley, it's okay, everything's gonna be okay."
I said" Sure?"
" Yeah, totally. Just a few bumps in a really twisty road."
" W'kay."
" Did you get seen?" I shook my head, he smiled," Good job, little dude. Let's just get out of here and call Stiles. See where he's at." I nodded," Why we bring a little four year old to these things beats me, probably have something to do with you ending up here anyways because you've become dependent on Stiles." I tilted my head, he smiled," Everything's gonna be fine, little dude."
We got outside, he bounced me in his arms to steady me, and grabbed his phone. Then I saw a car, then everything went black.

I woke up but didn't feel good, my eyes closed again,
I heard Allison's mom say" Alpha, Beta, but what are you, Scott? Omega. Don't you know the lone wolf never survives without a pack?" I tried to open my eyes but couldn't, I started whining," I've heard the cry of an omega. It's a miserable sound. The howl of a lone wolf."
I heard Scotty say" I'm not."
" What? What is it?"
" I'm not... alone." I heard Scott roar, then cough," Allison... please tell her I'm sorry." I tried to stay awake, then I heard fighting, I'm sleepy, then I was lifted up by the back of my neck, I started whining again.

I whined as someone rubbed the side of my face, my eyes opened a little but kept closing.