Chapter 39

Stiles said" Get your ass down here now. We have a job to do." I giggled, trying to pull the flashlight down so i can look at it.
Scotty said" Dude, I'm already in bed. And aren't we getting a little old for this?"
" We do this for coach." I shook my head crazily,
" I thought we did this to Coach." I nodded my head crazily,
" Whatever, okay? You know he meeds this. He lives for this stuff. He loves it."
" But it's the middle of the night." Stiles opened his locker, I sat on the bench, trying to jump at him.
" 12:15 actually. Which means it's after midnight and officially mischief night/day," I watched him turn the drill on," And by perfectly awesome coincidence it also happens to be Coach's birthday. So, if you are not down here in five seconds, I will destroy you." I laughed," Okay? And I mean five, four," I saw Scotty come in, he smiled at me," Three, two..." Stiles turned around, then fell as he saw Scotty's eyes.
" One."
I laughed" One! One! One! One!"
Stiles said" I hate you." I laughed and pounced onto Scotty's side, he smiled at me and nuzzled my nose. I smiled widely, looking at Stiles.
" Stiles, okay?"
" Yeah, I'm fine, Riley. You saw him, didn't you?"
" No..."
" Bubby?!"
" Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!" I laughed loudly, Scotty pulled me onto his hip, I smiled at Stiles.
" I hate you too." I giggled more, and jumped off Scotty's hip and stood over Stiles' head.
" Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay!" I licked his forehead,
" Ew! We have talked about this, you can't go around licking people's faces, Riley."
" My face!" I laid on Stiles' face, he groaned and lifted me off him, I smiled at him.
" It's my face. Not yours. You also can't claim faces." I pouted then smiled, jumping into Scott's arms, I smiled,
" My Scotty!"
Stiles sighed" I give up! Fine, fine, you can claim Scott."
" Yay!"
Scott said" What's up with him?"
Stiles said" I don't know, it's slightly irritating, he's doing this thing where he claims something his. I think it's just the wolf in him acting out, it'll pass, like remember in summer, he kept trying to catch squirrels?"
" Yeah, I had to rescue him from like 20 trees."
" Yeah, so I guess this is just another one of those moments. We just gotta handle it, keep it on the lower level and keep moving." I laughed as I pulled at Scott's shirt with my teeth, then nuzzled my face into his neck, yawning.
——
We walked to Scotty, Stiles was holding me on his hip,
He said" Oh. That's kind of a change of pace for you guys. Usually, you're just hurting, maiming, and killing."
Aiden said" You need a pack. We need an alpha."
" Yeah. Absolutely not. That's hilarious though."
Ethan said" You came to us for help. We helped."
" You beat his face into a bloody pulp. That's not helping. In my option, that's actually counter-productive."
Scotty said" Why would I say yes?"
Aiden said" We'd add strength. We'd make you more powerful. There's no reason to say no."
Isaac said" I can think of one. Like the two of you holding Derek's claws while Kali impaled Boyd. In fact, I don't know why we're not impaling them right now." Aiden showed his fangs, I whimpered, tucking my face against Stiles' neck.
" You want to try?"
Scott said" Sorry, but they don't trust you. And neither do I." We walked away from them, Stiles put me down and held my hand.

Stiles got hit with TP, I laughed,
He said" All right, that's my face! Hey, dude, good decision, buddy. Good alpha decision."
Scotty said" I hope so."
" No, you know so." I was bouncing around Stiles as he opened his locker, I tried to climb Scott but he was looking at Kira," What are you looking at?"
" Me?"
" You. You looking at her?"
" Her? Who her?"
Her her. Kira. You like her?"
" No. I mean... yeah, yeah, she's okay. She's new."
" So ask her out."
" Now?"
" Yes, now."
" Right now?"
" Right now. Scott, I don't think you get it yet. You're an alpha. You're the apex predator." I looked at them then walked away, I ran after Kira, I caught up to her. I tugged her shirt, she stopped and looked at me,
She said" Hi, cutie." I giggled, smiling widely," What's your name?"
I said" Riley Stil-Stilinski."
" I'm Kira."
" You're pretty!" She smiled,
" Thanks, I think you're pretty handsome." I giggled as she tickled my tummy,
I heard Stiles say" Riley? Bub? Where'd you go?"
I said" Bye bye, Kira!" I ran to Stiles, crashing into his legs, I smiled at him, he laughed and lifted me up.
" Where'd you go, bub?"
" To say hi to Kira." He laughed, ruffling my hair,
" No sense of fear, looks like you're braver than Scotty." I laughed, nodding my head," How about we go tell him you're braver than he is? Huh?"
" Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!" We walked to Scotty," Scotty!"
Scotty said" Where'd you go, little dude?"
" I'm bra-braver than you!"
" Huh? How?"
" I talk to Kira! Mm!" I stuck my tongue out at him, he laughed,
" Oh, yeah, you're definitely braver than me, for sure!" I giggled as he tickled me, I pushed his hand away from me.
We were in Coach's class, he was yelling about something, I was busy playing with Stiles' hair.

Stiles said" Wait a minute, wait a minute! The William Barrow! The shrapnel bomber? Spotted nearby?" We were walking with daddy and deputies,
Daddy said" A little closer than nearby, actually." Then Mr. McCall walked by, talking to someone, about entrances.
" Dad, what's really going on here?" I whimpered, nuzzling my face against Stiles' neck.
We met up with Isaac, Allison, and Lydia,
Isaac said" Barrow went after kids with glowing eyes? He said those exact words."
Stiles said" Yeah. And no one knows how he woke up from anesthesia. Just that when they opened him up, they found a tumor full of live flies, which in any other circumstance would be all kinds of awesome."
Lydia said" Did you say flies?"
Allison said" Lydia?"
" All day I have been hearing this sound. It's like... this buzzing."
" Like the sound of flies?"
" Exactly like the sound of flies." I held onto Stiles' shirt more, tucking my face against his neck.

Stiles nearly knocked into someone, then turned to Scotty, he ran to Scotty.
He said" Hey, dude, where the hell have you been?" Lydia walked up to us,
She said" The police are leaving. Why are they leaving?"
Scotty said" The police?"
Stiles said" They must have cleared the building and grounds, which means he's not here."
" Who? What are you guys..."
Lydia said" He has to be here. That sound... the buzzing I've been hearing? It's getting louder."
Stiles said" How loud?" Stiles put me down, I looked up at him, holding his shirt.

Stiles left me with Scotty, and now we're in the basement with Isaac, trying to find the bad guy.
Isaac said" So, this is how it's gonna be now? We trust them?"
Scotty said" Just because I'm letting them help, doesn't mean I trust them."
" Yeah, well, I don't trust them either. Or like them. In fact, I hate them and just want them to die."
" Well, if Barrow's actually here and he's got a plan, you might get what you want." We walked around then the fire alarm was pulled, Scott lifted me up and we ran out of the basement.
We met up with Stiles and Lydia outside,
Aiden said" We didn't find anything."
Scott said" Not even a scent."
Stiles said" It's 3:00, so school's over. If there was a bomb, wouldn't he have set it off by now?"
Ethan said" Does that mean everybody's safe?"
Lydia said" I don't know. I just... I don't know."
——
I was playing in my room with string I found in Stiles' room, I pushed it into the air and it landed on me. I shook it with my mouth and it went everywhere, oops.
Stiles said" Riley! Come on!" He opened my door," Oh, dude... come on." He lifted me up, I had the string all over me," I need to constantly watch you, don't I?" He carried me downstairs, Lydia smiled at me, and moved the string off my face.

We got to the school, and to a science room, Stiles opened another door, it was stinky. I gagged and ran away from the door, hiding a desk.
I heard Stiles say" He was here, performing very minor surgery on himself. You were right."
Lydia said" Then why don't I feel good about this?"
" Probably because he was here to kill somebody."
" But who?"
" That's what we gotta figure out. We could spread out, start looking for... anything. Lydia, what are those?"
" Atomic numbers." They walked to the board, I ran to Stiles, holding onto his hand.
" Is it a formula?"
" Not really. 19's potassium. 53's iodine. 88's radium. The first two make potassium iodide..." She grabbed a chalk,
" Potassium is K?"
" From Kalium, the scientific neo-latin name."
" What's radium?"
" R-A."
" Kira."
——
I started crying loudly when a scream hit my ears, I heard running, then I was lifted up, rocked. I held onto Stiles' shirt, sniffling against his neck, I nuzzled my face against his shoulder.
Stiles whispered" There we go, all better." I felt him get into the jeep, he bounced me," Can you go to Lydia?" I went into Lydia's arms, I fell asleep again.