38 ㅡ winter royalties

▪▪▪

▪▪▪

Were it not for Hyora interfering, her friends might have already adopted Kim Taehyung.

In the midst of Baekhyun's performance, she and Taehyung were just standing somewhere around the ballroom, chatting about random shit, like how Hyora wanted to be a world-famous artist while Taehyung would like to become a professional saxophone player one day.

"A saxophone player?" she'd said. "So that's why you stole a saxophone that day."

His eyes widened. "How do you know about that?"

"Long story."

Then all of a sudden Byun Baekhyun appeared out of nowhere, looking rather peaky.

"Hey, loser," Hyora greeted, slightly surprised. "What are you doing here?"

Taehyung snorted. "Loser? Hey, that was just mean."

"Don't butt in, Taehyung," she retorted, "I've been calling him that ever since."

"Why?"

"Long story."

His lips curled into a pout. "You keep saying that. I have the whole night to listen to your stories!"

Baekhyun cleared his throat audibly, making the two look at him.

"Oh, sorry," Hyora said. "As I was saying, what are you doing here?"

He rubbed his nape. "Am I not allowed to be here?"

Hyora turned to Taehyung. "What do you think, Tae? Is he allowed to be here?"

Shock registered on Baekhyun's face. Was Hyora really giving this kind-of-a-stranger the power to decide whether he was allowed to be here or not? That was just even more mean.

Taehyung grinned. "Of course, he is! Who am I to refuse the presence of friends?"

"Um. Right," Baekhyun said uncertainly, not sure how Taehyung had already considered him a friend. "So... Taehyung used a trumpet? When he did his... um, promposal?"

"Seriously?" Hyora said, crossing her arms. "Are we still gonna talk about this?"

"I-I'm curious!" he stammered. "I want to know how Taehyung became your... date."

Baekhyun looked as if he just vomited that last word out, which was exactly the case.

Hyora had a hard time suppressing her smile. "You okay, Baek? You don't look too well."

"Huh?" he said, self-consciously patting his face.

"Maybe he just wants to hear the epic story of my promposal!" Taehyung said brightly. 

She rolled her eyes. "Oh, please. To make the long story short—"

"You're gonna be a bad storyteller to your future kids," Taehyung cut in quickly.