7 ㅡ a forsaken daughter

▪▪▪

▪▪▪

Baekhyun thrusted his fork on the steak lazily, elbow propped on the table with his chin on his palm. Jongdae continued on blabbering about this girl he met the other day and how she was totally into him even without him doing any effort.

"Like, seriously, I think we're destined for each other," Jongdae said dreamily, holding the carton of banana milk as if he was imagining it was the girl he had been talking about.

Baekhyun didn't want to know what's inside Jongdae's perverted mind right now.

"It's either you're out of your mind for thinking someone's into you, or she's out of her mind for being into someone like you," Kyungsoo retorted, earning a glare from Jongdae.

"How dare you doubt our love for each other!" he exclaimed, slamming the carton down on the table angrily. "You don't even know anything about us!"

Minseok snorted, twirling the fork with his fingers. "Whatever you say, Dae."

Jongdae gave him an eyeroll. "Tss. You're all making fun of me."

"Why are you rolling your eyes?" Kyungsoo asked, staring at him with wide irritated eyes. "You look like an idiot."

This made Minseok laugh at Jongdae.

Jongdae, having no one to defend him, pulled on Baekhyun's arm, startling the latter. "Baekhyun, Baekhyun, Baekhyun! Help me!"

Baekhyun glared at him, having Jongdae drop his hands in defeat.

Minseok cackled. "Poor Dae, even Baekhyun has no plans to team up with you."

Both of them were laughing obnoxiously and Jongdae was only glaring at them silently. Baekhyun heaved a sigh before taking the piece of meat in his mouth.

I still haven't talked to Taeyeon, Baekhyun thought, continuing to chew silently. I can't get the right time to approach her. Is she free this period? Is she busy? Or am I gonna have to wait until class ends?

Baekhyun looked up when he realized that they all went dead silent. He eyed the three of them curiously who were all staring at the vacant seat beside him. He raised a brow at them, confused as to why they're staring at his right when he knew he didn't have anyone beside him— or was it a ghost?

It wasn't a ghost.

He looked at his right and found Nam Hyora opening a carton of milk before chugging it down her throat. His wide eyes watched her as she placed it down, wiping her lips with the back of her hand.