36 ㅡ stranger turned date

▪▪▪

▪▪▪

While her fellow students only had to purchase a dress or get them tailored, Hyora had to improvise on her own. With the money she's got, all she could afford was a simple, black off-shoulder mermaid dress. 

Oh, it has a leg slit too—which she had cut herself, by the way—because she wasn't afraid to show off some skin.

But due to her dominant artistic mind that kept on pestering her to draw the loser's pretty eyes in every drawable surface she could find, she couldn't help but see a blank canvas on her prom dress, waiting to be beautified.

At the very night before the ball, after she had gone home from Baekhyun's house, her gown was finally done.

After the comic book she made for Baekhyun, this might just be her next greatest work yet.

Hanna, on the other hand, received a gown as an advanced Christmas present from her grandmother, which was a lovely, gold tulle dress with a deep v-neck and spaghetti straps that crossed at the back. Embellished with sparkly little stars all over the many layers of the translucent tulle, the floor-length skirt would ripple around Hanna's legs whenever she walked, allowing to show a bit of her legs through the double slits. 

With just light, glittery makeup and a messy updo, Kang Hanna looked ethereal.

The look on Jongdae's face when he came over to pick up the girls the next day was worthy to be broadcasted to the entire world. Luckily Hyora was able to take a picture of him while he was staring open-mouthed at Hanna.

Like every other couple, they matched outfits—over a classic white dress shirt, Jongdae wore a gold waistcoat and tie underneath a black suit. 

After Haejin took photos of them, they made their way out of the house towards Jongdae's car where his father was waiting for them. When they closed the gate, Jongdae eyed Hyora from head to toe, lingering more on the bottom part. His mouth opened in amazement. 

"Wow, Hyora!" he exclaimed. "You really outdid yourself this time."

She smirked. "Why, thank you. I guess I did."

Now both Hanna and Jongdae marveled at her, specifically at her prom dress.

Throughout the first two weeks of December, Hyora had transformed her boring, black dress into a timeless work of art. Inspired by Vincent van Gogh's The Starry Night, Hyora painted on the same swirling yellow and blue lines of the the town, hills, and night sky full of stars and the moon. She painted it all around the bottom half of the skirt, blending it upwards into the upper black portion of the dress.

To top it all off, a dainty, crescent moon necklace adorned her exposed collarbone, her long, wavy hair simply flowing behind her back. 

Hyora hugged herself. "Okay, it's getting cold out here. Can we please get a move on?"