10 ㅡ house party

▪▪▪

▪▪▪

"Of course I want to go!"

Hyora actually wanted to stay in bed.

"Yeah, I'm so excited to see you guys!"

She was actually dreading to see people.

"Uh-huh, I'm about to go," Hyora said, smiling while talking to her phone. "Yes, I'm just tying my shoes. See you, unnie!"

Then she ended the phone call, facing a fuming Hanna in front of her.

"It's not fair! You've been invited to a party and I don't?"

Hyora rolled her eyes at Hanna who had been complaining endlessly for the past ten minutes. She continued to tie the laces of her converse shoes, ignoring her best friend's childish rants.

"Hyora, are you even listening to me?!"

"Who wouldn't be able to hear you with that abnormally loud voice of yours?" she deadpanned.

"Well hearing is different from listening, Hyo."

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever."

Hanna pulled on Hyora's arm as they made their way to the door, still refusing to let her go. "You're seriously not going to bring me with you?"

Hyora stared at the pout on Hanna's lips, thinking if Hanna's been possessed by a 5-year-old's spirit.

"Nope."

"But why nooot?!"

"Because you act like a kid and I can't bring you to a party acting like that."

"But—"

Hyora cut her off. "Plus I'm not sure if Sooyoung actually knows you."

Hanna's face lit up, and at that very second, Hyora regretted even telling that to her.

"Sooyoung? As in Choi Sooyoung?"

Hyora nodded grudgingly.

Hanna clasped her hands in excitement. "Hey, I know her! She knows me!"

"You're shitting me."

"Am not! Is it her birthday? Why is she throwing a party? Did you get her a gift? Oh no, I don't have a gift for her! Should I get her a plant? Would she like them? Oh, succulents are in trend! Maybe I ought to get her one..."

Hyora stared at her friend who was starting to prattle. "Hanna, I don't think you have to worry about getting her a gift. She just likes to throw parties."

"Then I'm coming! Wait for me here! I'll be back in a sec!"

Hanna ran to her room in the speed of lightning, and Hyora stood dumbstruck. She let out a sigh, contemplating whether to just leave Hanna here or wait for her.