1 ㅡ hyora's happy place

▪▪▪

▪▪▪

Usually Byun Baekhyun loved being at the bubble tea shop, but now that Nam Hyora was looking at him like he was just another stupid specimen she needed to deal with (which he probably was), he wasn't so sure anymore.

Baekhyun shifted on his seat awkwardly.

Hyora seemed to be looking through his deepest secrets with her penetrating gaze, when in reality she was only eyeing the ugly clothes Baekhyun was wearing.

She cleared her throat loudly, making Baekhyun flinch.

She arched her brows. "Relax, Byun Baekhyun. I don't bite."

Sure you don't. Baekhyun managed a small smile.

"Anyway," she said, "first order of business. You have got to get rid of that stuttering problem of yours if you even want to have a chance to talk to her."

"Oh," he muttered. "I-I do?"

"You just did it," she pointed out.

"Did— did what?"

"That!"

"W-what did I—"

Hyora raised her hands up and Baekhyun immediately shut his mouth.

He stared at her, imagining horns growing out of her head and her nose beginning to smoke.

He gulped nervously at the thought.

"Why are you even looking at me like that?" she snapped.

Baekhyun sat up straight. "I-I'm sorry."

She rolled her eyes at him and grabbed her bubble tea. 

What am I supposed to do? she thought. And why did I even agree helping this loser?

Hyora snuck a glance at him and saw him pouting down at his lap like an idiot.

She snorted. Why does he look cute?

"Hey, loser."

Baekhyun shot his head up and met her eyes. For a moment, Hyora saw through all his awkwardness and found that he actually looked kinda good.

She averted his gaze. "Um. Anyway, we need to fix that problem of yours."

"Okay. Um... How?"

"I just need to keep you talking."

Baekhyun looked like he hated the idea, but he nodded anyway.

Hyora smirked. "You're introverted."

"I-I guess you can say that..."

"All right. Let's start. Remember not to stutter. Got it, loser?"

Baekhyun's forehead creased at the name. "Got it."