5 ㅡ the elf-eared guy

▪▪▪

▪▪▪

"You are an idiot."

Baekhyun winced, starting to regret that he actually told Hyora the happenings after school. On second thought, it was better that he's talking to her through the phone instead of seeing her furious face in person.

"Sure, this is definitely more romantic than our original plan but hell, you are an idiot for not thinking of yourself. Yeah, she got home dry, but then you go home dripping wet."

He sighed. "Hyora—"

"What are you? Superman? Batman? Spiderman? Whoever man you are? Oh my goodness, I never thought you would do that for her."

"Hyora, will you please just let me—"

"So? What did you use?" Her snarky voice asked.

"Huh?"

"What did you use as a cover?!" she yelled. "What, you didn't just run through the rain until you get to hail a cab, did you?"

Baekhyun shook his head, totally aware she's not seeing him. "I-I used my jacket."

Because that's what Baekhyun saw Taeyeon do before she was completely stopped by him.

"Did your parents scold you when they see you come home wet?"

"I sneaked inside quietly and successfully didn't disturb them."

"THEN THE FLOOR WOULD'VE BEEN WET."

"Th-they thought our dog went out and went back in after playing in the rain."

"Oh my God, you have a dog? I never knew you guys had a dog, why didn't I see her when I went there?"

Baekhyun coughed. "Him."

"Oh, yeah, of course. Psh. I knew that."

Baekhyun grinned.

It's nice to hear her worry about me.

*

The following day, Hyora found herself walking alone in the school corridors, occassionally greeting anyone (which was basically everyone) she knew. She's currently heading to a friend's locker (Hyora has a list of names with their locker numbers jotted down) which was apparently in the same row with Baekhyun's locker (not that she stalked him or something). Although she's quite aware that he wouldn't be here because it's not the time he usually arrives at school (not that she also stalked him about this, really).

A few steps away from the said locker, Hyora already spotted her friend who looked like she's fixing something in her locker. She walked nearer, just the right distance to get to call her attention.

"Yoona unnie!" she hollered, in which said friend turned around from her locker to see her.

Hyora approached her with a smile. "Unnie, congratulations!"