34 ㅡ cupid got it wrong

▪▪▪

▪▪▪

Hyora I'm sending you some money for your prom dress. And your father is all right so don't worry, okay?

Hyora pocketed her phone after reading the message from her mother. She couldn't let her mother send some money when they needed it more, but she decided that she'll have to talk to her after she got all this promposal shit over with. She'd earned a bit from Siwon's huge project for her anyway, so perhaps she could afford a cheap dress.

For now, she needed to focus.

She and Hanna nonchalantly stood by the lockers near Taeyeon's classroom, waiting for her to go out so that they could inform Baekhyun.

With a little help from Hyora's senior friends in the same class as Taeyeon, they managed to leave the note on her desk that Baekhyun wrote.

go to the rooftop!!  -b  'ㅅ'

And now all they have to do is wait.

"Wouldn't she be seeing the note by now?" Hanna said, impatiently checking the time on her watch.

"Maybe Yoona unnie hid it in one of her books or something," Hyora speculated.

"Baek's gonna rot up there."

"He won't," she said glumly. "I bet he's over the moon right now."

Hanna peered at her friend's face, her forehead creased. "You okay?"

Hyora glanced at her. "Yeah. Of course."

"Hmm. I don't know." Hanna rubbed her chin thoughtfully. "You don't look too good."

She rolled her eyes at her. "Are you calling me ugly?"

"No, stupid," she retorted. "I mean, since Friday, you've been so... gloomy. Is this still because of Chanyeol and Seohyun?"

Hyora avoided her gaze and let out a sigh. "Mm. Yeah, I guess," she fibbed.

Hanna tutted and wrapped an arm around her. "Aw, Hyora. Forget about that jerk! We'll find you a date. Oh, Luhan asked you, right? Why not go with him?"

Being reminded of that name gave Hyora the urge to break Taeyeon's classroom door and let out a good scream. But she suppressed her anger and exhaled.

"I don't think so."

"Huh? Why not?"

Before Hyora could think up an answer, someone stepped out of the classroom. Immediately they acted "normal" and from the corner of their eyes, they saw that it was Taeyeon. The senior was holding a piece of paper which looked pretty familiar.

As Taeyeon walked past, they pretended to be busy checking something out on Hanna's phone. 

"Is she gone?" Hyora asked under her breath.