Byun Baekhyun and the Prisoner of the Tower

Hi. Remember the comic book that Hyora made for Baekhyun's birthday present? Yeah, I'm going to write a full story about it AHAHAHAH. Here's a sneak peek. ;)

Byun Baekhyun is a knight who has heard rumors of a princess locked in a tower guarded by a fire-breathing dragon. He doesn't know how to rescue her, so he asks help from a powerful sorceress named Nam Hyora.

▪▪▪

BYUN BAEKHYUN HAD HEARD STORIES about a beautiful princess locked up in a tower guarded by a fire-breathing dragon

BYUN BAEKHYUN HAD HEARD STORIES about a beautiful princess locked up in a tower guarded by a fire-breathing dragon. Generations after generations, they were told to children before bedtime or when the townsfolk would gather around the fire in the village square. Most of the villagers believed that this was just some silly story that an old man made up decades ago to force his kids to go to sleep, but Baekhyun's fellow knights believed otherwise.

From what he had heard from them, past knights took up the challenge to find this rumored princess. The toughest of the toughest had to rely on sheer strength, wisdom, and luck, but alas, none of them have ever returned to the village. Because of the number of knights that have gone missing, every year someone will step up and volunteer to find them, but the rest would cower in terror, fearing that they would disappear next.

As a man of courage and nobility, Byun Baekhyun had his heart and mind set on rescuing the mysterious princess and the lost knights, may it be just myth or not.

He wasn't going to back away; he was going to step forward and prove himself a worthy knight. But unlike the previous lost heroes, he was going to succeed.

However, like all the past knights that were brave enough to go, he wouldn't know where to begin with if he didn't really know if the stories were true, so he secretly geared up and rode on his white horse, enduring blistering winds and scorching deserts, in search for the most sought-after mentor of all the land—Nam Hyora.

Rumor has it that this brilliant witch lived within a secluded garden, where she grew magical plants that provided powerful substances for potions and medicine. She was a master at sorcery, generating magic that no mortal being could ever imagine. Not only was she a powerful sorceress, but she also might just be the key to find the tower of the princess.

After a daylong journey, Byun Baekhyun arrived at a place of lush greenery and whimsical flowers, his breastplate gleaming in the sunlight peeking through the trees. He could sense the magic within the very roots of the forest, but strangely, there was a faint, homely scent of freshly baked apple pies which threw off the idea of a scary witch's lair. Someone lived around here, so perhaps this was the place.

When he deemed the area too dense for his horse to enter, he stepped down and travelled on foot.

He stepped further into the overgrown garden, and everywhere he looked bloomed exotic and strange-looking plants he could not name. He wisely steered clear when he spotted a sickly green plant suspiciously similar to a Venus flytrap, figuring that it could possibly devour him whole.