19 ㅡ spontaneity

▪▪▪

▪▪▪

It was a perfect, sunny day out. The last day of July had arrived quite beautifully and it would be a waste not to go out and relax under the summer sun.

And so Hyora had dragged Hanna out of her bed to hang out at Hongdae, where they're now sitting across each other eating red velvet cupcakes in the outdoor area of a cafe.

Hanna's phone vibrated in her pocket and she took it out. Hyora, being the great friend that she was, discreetly peeked at the phone. Hanna was typing in a message, and she could glimpse what seemed to be red hearts somewhere in the conversation.

She hastily looked away when Hanna put her phone down, pretending to be watching the passing vehicles while taking a huge bite of her cupcake.

"Jongdae asked where I am, if that's what you want to ask."

Hyora turned to Hanna, looking at her innocently. "What?"

"Oh stop playing dumb, Hyo. You were looking at my phone."

She snorted. "Was I?"

"Oh, yes you were." Hanna rolled her eyes. "I've known you since we were babies, Hyo. You can't hide shit from me."

"Okay, whatever," Hyora replied, also rolling her eyes. They've both acquired this habit somehow, which wasn't much of a surprise considering they're living under the same roof. "So why did he ask? Did you tell him? He might come running here and disturb our boy-free date."

"Well, it's normal for him to ask things like that anyway, and don't worry, I'm sure he wouldn't come here."

But then minutes later, a van stopped right in front of them, and the girls watched curiously as the window on the passenger seat rolled down.

Both were stunned when they saw who it was.

"Get in loser, we're going shopping!"

Hyora wanted to throw a fork right at his face as though playing darts.

"How dare you call me that!" she yelled, not minding the pointed stares of other customers, because how could she possibly contain her anger when the loser himself called her a loser?

Baekhyun scoffed, and Hyora wondered whether a part of her was magically transferred to him. "Am I not allowed to call you that?"

"Byun Baekhyun, when I get my hands on you I swear not one word will ever come out of that mouth again," she grumbled, her voice containing so much acid that Baekhyun wanted to roll up the window again.

"Hyora!" Jongdae yelled as he grinned from ear to ear, leaning forwards so they could see him. "Sorry about him. Anyway, hop in, you two! We're going somewhere!"

"But I thought Baek said we're going shopping," Hanna butted in, staring incredulously at him.

"Nah, he's just referencing Mean Girls," he answered dryly. "Anyway, hurry up! I can't stay here much longer!"