39 ㅡ unsaid words

▪▪▪

▪▪▪

One moment Hyora was grinning like a proud mom when Baekhyun won his title as Winter Prince, the next she was being crowned this year's Winter Princess.

She didn't say much onstage. Just a simple "Thank you, you guys are the best!" and a captivating smile sufficed, because who didn't love Nam Hyora?

With a bouquet of red roses on her lap, she watched from her seat as the emcee took out the card containing the name of Winter King.

Immediately the students began yelling their guesses, with one name outshining the rest.

"Do you think it'll be him?" Hanna whispered.

"Of course it's gonna be him," Hyora replied. "Even I voted for him."

"This year's Winter king is..."

Silence.

"Lu Han!"

The ballroom exploded with cheers. Hyora rolled her eyes.

Luhan walked up to the stage with overflowing confidence, as if he was strutting down the red carpet for an award show, waving at his adoring fans and the frenzied paparazzi fighting for his attention. When the crown was placed on his head, Luhan genuinely looked like royalty, which was basically real since he was also overflowing with riches.

When the microphone was pointed towards his lips, he plastered on an embarrassed smile, which Hyora immediately recognized as a hoax.

"This little shit," she mumbled, smiling in amusement.

"Ah, seriously, what should I say?" Luhan feigned nervousness.

Laughter washed over the crowd.

Wearing a satisfied smile, Luhan fingered his sash and checked it out. "Wow, you guys voted me as your Winter King?" he said playfully. "I have dreamed of nothing more but this very moment, and it's all thanks to you guys. Everyone who voted for me has incredible taste."

Then he smirked. "But enough of that. If anyone's down, how about a party at my place after the ball?"

The students shouted in agreement.

"Great! I'll see you guys later then."

Finally, he channeled all his charm and appeal into one wink, sending the ladies in the ballroom squealing. Luhan walked down the stage looking as though he just got elected President of the entire world.

Then the host held up the last envelope.

"And let's not forget our Winter Queen."

For some reason, a chill went down Hyora's spine.

Did she somehow attend a concert instead of a ball? With all the intense yelling, she would have sworn she got the venue wrong.

"Oh my God, why am I so nervous?" Hanna muttered.