42 ㅡ roses are blue

▪▪▪

▪▪▪

If Hyora were to play "Take a shot whenever you see a couple", she'd get drunk in ten minutes. And for someone with high alcohol tolerance, that was saying something.

Today was Valentine's Day, and their school was holding a small festival. Clubs and groups have put up tents for bazaars and games in the field, and Hyora happened to help out her section by doing a photo booth. She had made the Valentine-themed props herself while her classmates glued heart cutouts on the backdrop.

From an outdoor paging speaker close by, a familiar voice spoke: "Listen up, ladies! We have another secret admirer wanting to reveal his love to the world!"

Hyora rolled her eyes. Currently she was assigned to be the "cashier" while the rest of her classmates were managing the booth itself or running off to enjoy the festival. Next to her, Kim Taehyung momentarily stopped counting the photo booth's earnings despite not even being in her class.

"Oooh, let's listen, Hyo," Taehyung said.

The voice from the speaker continued in his impressive, modulated tone, "Hirai Momo, wherever you are, your secret admirer wants to say that you have the most beautiful smile and anyone who tries to erase it from your lovely face deserves jail time. Oh, and I'd also like to add that he's a senior and that his name starts with the letter H, but don't tell him I said that or else he'd stick a microphone up my—"

"Jongdae!" Kyungsoo cut in. Then a smack echoed from the speaker immediately followed by a cry of pain. 

Kyungsoo cleared his throat and said, "Sorry about that. Anyway, next up is Let's Not Fall In Love by Big Bang, requested by Jeon Jungkook."

As for the Glee Club, they've set up a dedication booth, where students could pay for song requests or even choose a member to read a love letter or sing a song. Baekhyun had sung quite a lot due to popular demand.

Taehyung snickered as he resumed counting money. "Jongdae's quite good at this dedication thing."

After everything that happened, at least one good thing remained by Hyora's side—Kim Taehyung.

She'd never have guessed that she'd be the best of friends with an idiot like Taehyung, but here they were now, as close as ever after that ridiculous pretend-to-be-my-date charade they pulled off at the Winter Ball. Taehyung may have had a little crush on her in the past, but he learned about Hyora's current... feelings.

She nudged him. "Taehyung, you can stop that now."

"It's okay, Hyo," he said, neatly placing a stack of bills in their cash box. "I like helping my friends!"

"Tae, you have your own classmates, so maybe you should help them instead?"

"I don't like them."

Hyora pursed her lips. "Well, thanks for helping me out then."

Taehyung grinned from ear to ear. "Not a problem!"