14 ㅡ a bloody encounter

▪▪▪

▪▪▪

If there was one person Byun Baekhyun would want to send his deepest thanks to, that would be Nam Hyora.

Thanks to her, he managed not to stutter anymore. Well, sort of.

Thanks to her, he dressed a little more properly and smelled a little more nice. Not that he was stinky before but you get the picture.

Thanks to her, he was able to man up and approach Taeyeon without chickening out like a sissy.

Thanks to her, Taeyeon was able to acknowledge his presence and know his existence in the world.

And thanks to her, he managed to pull off a date that Taeyeon will surely remember.

Because hey, who couldn't resist Byun Baekhyun's charms?

And because he sincerely was thankful to her, he decided to visit her the weekend after his first date with Kim Taeyeon. The only problem was that he didn't know where she lives. He didn't get the chance to see her house because Jongdae dropped him off first at the night of Luhan and Sehun's party.

He wasn't sure if he should do this but he really wanted to, so he picked up his phone and messaged Hanna.

Hanna-ssi. Where does your amazon of a bestfriend live?

*

After receiving a reply from Hanna, Baekhyun immediately went off to look for Hyora's address. Thankfully, it was just a five-minute bike ride so he'd be there in no time. When he arrived, he brought out his phone and reread the message from Hanna.

When you see a plant shop with a Haejin's Garden sign, you're in the right place. There's just a small green gate beside the shop where you can enter the house.

He looked around the place he's in front of and pocketed his phone back in. He spotted a green sign with elegant white calligraphy hung just above the shop's glass door which indeed said "Haejin's Garden". Baekhyun thought that perhaps Hyora was the one who painted on it. The shop wasn't large, not that small either. To his relief, he found a small gate nearby, just how Hanna described it.

Baekhyun carefully parked his bicycle beside the green gate before proceeding to go near it. He looked for a doorbell but to no avail. He didn't want to shout because it's embarassing and he may disturb the neighboring houses, so he attempted to open it.

Shit, it's open, he thought, unpleasant ideas rushing in his head as he thought someone else might have entered the residence.

He panicked, quickly entering and closing it in a rush. He speed-walked on the stoned path, finding nothing but flowering plants and beautifully arranged stones. As he made it to the wooden front door, he tried knocking on it; once, twice, thrice.

Frustrated, he just turned the knob and it opened, worry rushing in his system.

"Hyora?" Baekhyun called once he went inside. He looked around, taking in the surroundings. The living room was small but cozy, with a sofa in a shade of green, a small coffee table cluttered with newspaper and magazines, and a flat screen television which looked like the only expensive item in the house. Every nook and cranny were crammed with plants in colorful pots and books of some sort. Just a few meters away is a doorway leading to what seemed like the kitchen.