102. Dragon Hunt I

Wang Ling and Bai Xue entered the Spring of Beasts Forest with caution. His alertness was in an all-time high as he entered an unknown land without unknown dangers.

The two of them tried looking for any trail that might lead them to the location where the Frost Dragon was located. But to their dismay, there was nothing they could use to locate the Frost Dragon.

Without any lead, the only thing they can do was look around and try to find the dragon in a primitive way. They spread out their spirit senses and began sensing their surroundings.

Wang Ling even used Ocean's Lull that had its radius of effectivity from a 5-meter radius to a 50-meter one. They were quickly going through every hiding place the Frost Dragon could hide in.

But even after hours of searching and defending themselves from the local spirit beasts as they go about their tasks. The two of them didn't even find the shadow of the Frost Dragon.

Wang Ling was even more anxious than Bai Xue. His a full month of loot was on the line. The idea of losing the said future loot was unbearable. Considering it will take the two of them months to reach the main house of the Wang family, the loots they will obtain will be much greater than before. That is if all goes well.

However, even with his anxiety growing by the second. Wang Ling was calm on the inside as he did not let any factor cloud his mind.

Bai Xue was also getting anxious as the factor of the Frost Dragon regaining its strength was something she did not want to see. She had estimated the rate of strength she could take.

Considering her elemental advantage in her Phoenix form, as the ice of a measly Frost Dragon was no match to her Phoenix Flame that came from Hell Realm. Bai Xue could kill a weakened Frost Dragon that was at maximum early-level-7 nascent soul stage spirit beasts.

If she had the help of Wang Ling's impeccable archery and spear that could strike and distract the Frost Dragon from afar. The two of them would have no problem slaying the Frost Dragon.

Her confidence in Wang Ling's ability was the same as how she treated herself. She was full of confidence that she could kill those beings that were higher than her. The trust she had with Wang Ling was something she had never given to anyone before. Mainly because she did not have anyone to rely on other than herself.

"Where is that lizard? We already know that it's already here but where? Do you think it ventured in the depths of the Forest?" Bai Xue asked.

Wang Ling shook his head as he answered, "It won't go deeper than the outer parts of the forest. The bloodline of the Frost Dragon is also nutritious for other spirit beasts. Do you think the Frost Dragon will venture deep into the inner areas of this place when it's injured?"

Bai Xue said nothing as she knew Wang Ling's point. But where could that lizard be? Was it possible that it had already been killed by other spirit beasts?

"Considering we have not encountered any signs of battle previously held anywhere means that the Frost Dragon had yet to fight. Also even if what I am saying about it not entering the inner areas is true, no other beasts will try to hunt it down if they value their lives."

Bai Xue was confused. If the Frost Dragon was in a weakened state. Why wouldn't the spirit beasts not try and kill the Frost Dragon for its bloodline and enriching properties?

Seeing her confused countenance, Wang Ling knew that this white fox had never hunted a Dragon before, this made him shake his head in disbelief.

"You're trying to hut a Dragon and you don't even know what the consequences are for killing a Dragon? Dear Lord, how have you been living in the Heaven Realm in the past?"