96. More than a pet!

Bai Xue walked up front in her white fox form. She walked lazily without care about her little image and claimed the storage ring that contained her prize.

Mo Nuan looked at the little white fox with shock in her eyes. She smiled as she bursts out laughing after handing Bai Xue her prize.

"Puhahaha, this is hilarious, this year's batch of the third examination area is all trash. To be outdone by a little white fox. This is hilarious, ahahahaha, hey, Wang kid, this little pet of yours is extremely interesting. And you as well, to let your fox take the prize, do you wish to humiliate everyone so much?"

Many frowned at her words.

Mo Nuan couldn't stop it and gave Wang Ling a call. Wang Ling was already the center of attention as soon as he walked up to get his prize. Now that Mo Nuan had called up to him and Bai Xue lazily jumping on his shoulder to sleep as if she was some scarf. He became even more popular for all the wrong matters.

However, Wang Ling only smiled at them not caring what they thought of him. For all he cared, this kind of thing is going to be useful for him. If they hate him this early, infuriating them enough to suck them dry of their points will not be hard.

It would be easier to have angry people behind him than nice ones. Besides, the thing he wanted to control wasn't these people but instead the whole academy.

Why did Wang Ling enter an academy instead of living a life full of plunder and killing? It was to kill those 'genius' students of those other academies who dared hurt his family.

Although there was a side goal of taking every resource for himself. Wang Ling's goal never changed from the start. But to kill those bastards, he needed support not only from his family but from other forces as well.

Thankfully, those forces were presented to him in a nice ribbon known as the seven great academies. As to how Wang Ling will achieve his goals, time will be the only one to tell.

Wang Ling smiled at Mo Nuan and gave a nonchalant remark to correct her words, "She's not my pet. She's more of a fellow schoolmate than anything else. It would be rude of anyone to say that she's a pet. Bai Xue is on equal footing with me, after all. If she is a pet then that would mean that I am on the same level as she is, a pet."

Mo Nuan raised a brow to hear Wang Ling's answer and said, "So she's your partner! with the ambiguous words? Just say it outright and speak like a man!"

Wang Ling was quiet for quite some time thinking about how he should react. He never really knew anything about having a partner he could work with so he did not know if Bai Xue was his partner or not.

After all, this weird relationship they had was built upon having common benefits. They will not act if nothing benefits each other. Bai Xue follows Wang Ling because she gets resources from him.

Wang Ling was together with Bai Xue because her knowledge of the Heaven Realm coincides with his interest. Her strength also drew him to her and made him want to her as a mount or a beast companion.

Which, can also be taken as wanting Bai Xue wanting to fight by his side. Wang Ling wanted someone to fight with him to lessen the burden on him and he saw Bai Xue as the perfect candidate.

Meaning, she was his partner. He did not know what was going on in her mind but Wang Ling was pretty sure about the idea he had. Bai Xue was his partner.

Wang Ling looked at Mo Nuan and nodded his head, "Thank you for clarifying that for me... Bai Xue is indeed my partner."

Upon saying those words, Wang Ling felt his mind clear. He was intelligent but on some occasions, Wang Ling was pretty stupid. It would seem the idea of having a companion was one of those things that he was pretty ignorant about.