175. The Xiao Clan

Wang Ling's smile went unnoticed. He managed to mask it with his usual calmness the cold sweat that appeared on his back still spread.

Unpleasant yet important memories flooded his mind, that night where blood dyed the world appeared. Inside his body was his Saint Soul, trembling, it was being affected by his emotions.

He wanted to let loose, but before his emotions managed to take control of him, a pleasant coolness entered his meridians and calmed him down. From inside his clothing appeared a fox that jumped on top of his head.

Xiao Jianfa turned around to look at the just appearing white fox, he raised a brow and the white fox introduced herself: "I apologize for my late introduction, my cultivation had been running amok since yesterday and I only managed to calm it down just now. Either way, Bai Xue is my name, I am the partner and companion of the Wang Family's Wang Ling in his journey throughout the martial world."

Xiao Jianfa wanted to snort at her, but he thought that would be too overly rude. He nodded his head to her, "Seeing that you are here, you must my grandson's trusted partner, come, join us in to have a meal."

He didn't wait for an answer and turned his back from them.

Bai Xue sighed deeply as she conversed secretly with Wang Ling, "I told you, your bloodlust and killing intent is running wild. Control yourself, your mind is running wild right now, correct? Circulate your angelic qi and calm yourself, I know how calm you can get so circulate it."

Wang Ling listened to Bai Xue and began circulating his qi inside his veins. Making sure that his heart had calmed down and the unpleasant memories repressed to the point it was buried deep within himself.

"Thank you, Xue. That was unbecoming of me." Wang Ling had calmed down and thankfully, Bai Xue was with him, and else the bloodlust would have seeped out of his body.

The Blood Seeker might have been his former sword. But it was a sword that contained the depths of his seethed anger, hate, and most of all bloodlust.

The Blood Seeker was no ordinary natal weapon that was sharp and liked blood. It was the reflection of Wang Ling, his other half if you will.

He used the Blood Seeker to reflect his deep desires. His past was not so pretty that it was filled with flowers and frolicking children, it was a past of carnage, a path of mutilation where one can die the moment they placed their foot in the wrong place.

Rather than a proper road, Wang Ling treads a path that is closed to that of a string. A step that is a millimeter away from its intended position will lead to his demise and the fall of his mind.

While Wang Ling collected himself, Wang Yue touched his hands as she asked him if something was wrong.

Wang Ling gently placed his hand on her head, "I am alright, thank you for worrying."

Wang Ling showed them a smile, it was a reassuring one. But Wang Hong and Wang Yue were still a little bit worried over Wang Ling.

But before they can say anything to him, Wang Ling had already entered the pagoda. By the time he entered the pagoda, he had already gotten used to the wave of bloodlust and killing intent.

He turned to his siblings and noticed they were unaffected. It was only he who managed to sense the Blood Seeker as its connection with him run deeper than with anyone else.

Xiao Jianfa led them to a garden on the back of the garden, there, sat a woman who was dressed neatly and elegantly. Unlike Xiao Jianfa, she was youthful and was filled with life, her hair was jet black just like Xiao Fei'er's.