101. Untapped Potential II

Wang Ling circulated the two opposing qi inside his body the way the Extreme Yin Yang Art dictated it to be. The hellish qi and angelic qi that was wrapped with his supreme spirit qi circulated at the same time in his meridians.

There was no uncomfortable feeling when he started the process. But as Wang Ling began cultivating it more and more, it began to hurt.

Wang Ling needed to let the opposing qi go out of the constraints of the supreme spirit qi if he wanted to cultivate this art. But every time he did so, a sharp pain would assault his meridians and the feeling of almost bursting always appears.

This continued as time passed by, becoming increasingly painful as he tried to fuse the two qi into a single entity. The mixing process he did back in the Ancient Creed Mountain was simpler as he only tried to find an equilibrium between the two powers.

But this time, it was different. He wanted to fuse the two qi and form a new kind of power. If he could successfully achieve this. He will be able to use the two individual strengths of the two qi simultaneously while also having the ability to use it as one.

With the hellish qi having the essence of both destruction and slaughter and the angelic qi with its regeneration and creation. Wang Ling did not know what will be born out of the two qi.

But as he continued with the cultivation process. He became alert to the consequences. He feared that his meridians exploding if he continues. Even so, Wang Ling continued, as he both circulated his angelic qi to regenerate any damaged parts of his meridians while circulating the Extreme Yin Yang Art.

Hours passed and Wang Ling opened his eyes. It was already morning and the sun had already risen. Wang Ling looked to the side and saw Bai Xue basking in the rays of the sun as she drank a jug of wine so early in the morning.

Walking up to her, he asked for a jug of wine and Bai Xue gave him one. He drank and savored it for a while before starting a conversation topic.

"What do you think is the view at the top? Is it beautiful as you experience peace for having no one capable of challenging you or horrified at the sight of the blood that you have spilled along the way to reach the apex of strength?"

Bai Xue gave her a look but said nothing in response for a good hour. She contemplated his question and began wondering. In the end, she sighed as she answered.

"The path to the apex is fraught with dangers and to reach that destination. You must always kill, but do you think the weak-willed is going to reach that place? The apex is not the end. If you reach the apex, that is only the start of a new path. You will not have any time to think of your consequences and only look up and try to reach new heights just like you have been doing your whole life."

Wang Ling smiled as he gently caressed Bai Xue's head. The two of them left the inn and stretched their bodies as they moved onward. They reached the city gates and was going to enter the Frost Domain which was thousands of milometers away, but as they were doing so, a frantic and injured man was flying towards them screaming: "An [Abyssal World Gate] opened in the [Frosted Border Range]! Frosted Border Range had fallen!"

Wang Ling's attention was instantly caught as he turned over to watch a show. He had already read a lot of articles in books that detailed the horrors of the abyss. But he had never seen one in real life before.

Before the incident with the devil cultivators in the Azure Skies Kingdom. Wang Ling was planning on exploring the nearby Abyss Mini World near the Kingdom. His curiosity had been sparked once more as the existence of the Abyss was mentioned.

But it wasn't just him who was pleasantly surprised. Bai Xue was also surprised as she looked at the whole scene in front of her play out.

[The Abyss is also connected in this realm? Holy, that place is expanding.]