141. No Mercy

Wang Ling entered the city oddly named Iceblock City wearing a black robe and a devil's mask. Many people liked to hide their identities for more reasons than one, it was not uncommon to see a masked cultivator.

Having dubious plans in this city, Wang Ling was not planning on leaving having his cover blown. He wanted to do this alone without his family getting mixed into such acts because he wanted them to have a righteous name for the masses.

Although the act of destroying evil sects such as the acts he was about to do considered righteous. What Wang Ling wanted to do was not something as simple as destroying them.

Entering the city, Wang Ling received curious looks but nothing more. He observed the surroundings and saw many young and middle-aged people roaming the streets. On their chest was an embroidery of three claw marks.

Wang Ling watched as they walked around the place with wide and proud smiles on their faces. Wang Ling watched them walked around lawlessly as they threw their weight around the city.

Walking around, Wang Ling wandered around the city and ended up in the back of the city where most of the common non-cultivators stayed. Looking around, Wang Ling didn't see much but one particular teahouse caught his attention.

It was an ordinary teahouse. It was ordinary but it provided a good place where the Shadow Claws Sect was just a couple of walks away. The City Lord's Manor was in direct opposite of the Shadow Claws Sect in terms of direction.

He entered the teahouse and came to know that it was run by an elderly man and his granddaughter about 14 years of age. The young lady was pretty though not as pretty as Wang Yue... that was his honest opinion.

He asked them to bring him to serve him their best tea and they brought him a tea called [Frost Flower Tea]. He also asked for snacks. Wang Ling picked up a snack and sneakily put it inside his robes, munching sounds were heard after.

Pulling his mask slightly up, Wang Ling began to sip his tea. However, his spirit sense and Ocean's Lull were observing everything.

He soon finished his tea and ordered some more. He repeated this act more than three times until he finally had enough information about the surroundings and left after paying.

He went someplace else and did the same, observing the place before leaving the place. Along the way, he was asking about the City Lord and the Shadow Claws Sect. But no one seemed to want to provide an answer.

Returning to the teahouse he previously frequented, Wang Ling saw the disciples of the Shadow Claws Sect and City Lord Manor lingering around so he left. But he could see the old man from the teahouse was down on his knees begging to the disciples of the Shadow Claws Sect.

Wang Ling gathered enough information after seeing the scene before him. He left before he could attract any attention.

[The City Lord is useless.]

It was still noon. Wang Ling waited for the sun to set before he made his move.

Looking at the setting sun, Wang Ling saw more and more members of the Shadow Claws Sect throwing their weights around the city. Wang Ling turned around and with the setting sun on his back, he headed for the City Lord's Manor.

Moving as fast as an arrow fired from a fully drawn bow, Wang Ling moved and arrive in the tall walls of the manor. The sun had finally set and Wang Ling blended with the darkness in the corner of the houses.

He jumped on top of a tree nearby and then entered the City Lord's Manor. Moving in as swiftly and quietly as possible, Wang Ling found an optimal spot on the roof of the Manor. Spreading his spirit sense from outside he looked around and sensed the strongest person in the building was a peak-early-grand saint cultivator, Wang Ling smiled as he moved.