100. Untapped Potential I

Although humans and the other races lived together with spirit beasts in a somewhat peaceful manner. Conflicts would surely arise from time to time. Even if it wasn't explained, Bai Xue already knew of this.

---

The idea of everyone coexisting in a peaceful manner where no fights was present was nothing but wishful thinking. Fights and killings cannot be changed, and to those who believed that peace will come, just look at the story that Wang Ling had just told Bai Xue.

If the utopian society of that ancient emperor came into full view. Then it wouldn't have perished and Wang Ling's era wouldn't have risen. In the end, that era was destroyed and replaced.

The idea of utopia was endearing, but it can never come to pass. Why? Because no matter what race or what species you belong in. Only by stepping in the corpses of other people will you rise.

Wang Ling and Bai Xue became silent as they watched the scene of beasts and other races mingle with one another. They knew that someday, many of them will die, it might be in hands of spirit beasts or their fellowmen, but death will surely come to them one day. It may even come by the hands of Wang Ling or Bai Xue.

"Let's enter already. I want to drink some wine after thinking about complicated matters. Stock up on wine once more, we have nothing left in stock now!" Bai Xue demanded and Wang Ling nodded his head as he too wanted wine.

He entered the border town city and oddly enough, there was no guard posted in front of town gates. They entered without any problems and Wang Ling we find a restaurant where good wine can be found.

They found a place called Deserto Restaurant and entered. They called for a waiter and had him take the two of them to the second floor. Wang Ling was presented with a menu and seeing the price, Wang Ling found no problem with them and ordered everything that caught his eyes.

He also ordered 5 jugs of wine. A single jug of wine costs 50 stellar stones, which was pricey. But as the wine named [Oasis] was advertised as being one of a kind and wonderful, Wang Ling decided to buy some to try it out.

As the two of them waited, they talked but most importantly, they eavesdropped in the conversations of the other customers. There were many conversation topics around. But the one that caught Wang Ling's attention was about the matter of the Xie Clan.

"Did you hear? The fallen Second Master Xie Wu of the Xie Family has been quickly rising in strength. I heard that his Saint Soul was destroyed but has been reconstructed soon after his return."

"Oh, I heard that too! But did you hear? The new Saint Soul he created is even more powerful this time in terms of power. He called upon a tribulation to refine his Saint Soul and the devilish aura of the Xie Clan manor had that day was simply too immense that those present in the Xie Clan Territory was oppressed that they had to kneel before Xie Wu."

"Haha, it had been decades since any news of the Xie Wu spread. So, what do you think? If he regains his strength, do you think he will challenge the Peerless Spear Celestial?"

"Hmm, that's a tough question. If Xie Wu is to reach his former state, it is already admirable. But fighting the Peerless Spear is not going to happen. After all, it had been decades and although the Peerless Spear had been quiet, I heard he was only meditating on some secluded mountain as he attempted to gain enlightenment to his cultivation path and reach the next realm. But considering Xie Wu, he will still try and fight the Peerless Spear even if it costs him his life."

The food finally came on Bai Xue and Wang Ling's table and as they eavesdropped on the stories around them. Wang Ling found it interesting that someone from the Xie Clan was reaching climbing the cultivation levels from below.