99. Different Way of Thinking

Wang Ling found himself in an unfamiliar land. It was desolate and there was only sand as far as the eye could see. The Frost Domain was known for its never-ending sheet of ice that blankets the whole domain.

However, that famous and almost infamous sheet of white was nowhere to be found. Wang Ling looked around and found out that he was standing on top of a platform that had many ancient looking runes carved on its surface.

"I thought we were going to the Frost Domain? Then why the hell are we in the middle of a desert?" Bai Xue exclaimed as she jumped atop Wang Ling's head to survey the area, "Tch, the promised snow is nowhere to be found."

While Bai Xue was complaining, Wang Ling also looked around and after seeing that no one was around. He confirmed it with Bai Xue, "Is there anyone out there?" He asked cautiously.

"Nope, I don't think anyone out there, we're probably the only ones here. I can't see anyone nor can I feel anyone's presence."

Wang Ling nodded his head and unfurled his wings. Two pairs of feathery wings came out and he soared upwards and after confirming that no one was around in a few kilometre radii. Wang Ling flew as around as nothing good will come about in dallying in the hub he was transferred in.

While he was on the air flying around. Wang Ling's eyes caught sight of many things. Some beasts looked like centipedes going around jumping all over the place and devouring beasts.

There were not only centipede-like beasts but there were also other beasts that roamed the desolate desert. He was flying above and many beasts roared as they saw him flew pass them while others trembled as Wang Ling's aura swept through the area.

After looking around a couple, Wang Ling finally nodded his head and confirmed where he was. He stopped flying and landed on the sands as he said, "This is the [Desolate Domain] and we're in the border area of the [Black Desert] where the weaker spirit beasts lurk."

"So, does that have anything to do with Frost Domain? Or do you mean we near the border of the Frost Domain?"

"That's it. The Black Desert is a lawless land where death often comes swift. This place is littered with many lowlifes and spirit beasts that will kill anyone they think they can kill."

"If that is so, then why don't we just leave? I plan on taking a break in your place and mooching off your family to level up my cultivation. I don't plan on doing anything strenuous." Bai Xue was half-joking and half-serious.

Wang Ling sighed as he looked around. A look of dismay appeared on his face as he said, "I know where we are and here's the problem... I don't know where I should head to, the map I have in me is not for Black Desert's use."

Wang Ling was feeling a headache as he found it troublesome to be sent in a location that way off his original course. He has heard that such occurrences happen sometimes, but he didn't think it would happen to him.

Bai Xue was on top of his head jumped off and Wang Ling casually asked where she was going. She only replied with, "Just wait there, I'll come back in a few hours at best." And transformed into a Phoenix before flying away.

Wang Ling was baffled as to why she would leave all of a sudden. But it didn't seem that she was going to leave him entirely as she wanted him to wait. Wang Ling waited just like how he was instructed and chose to just sit and meditate.

But as he was waiting, there were spirit beasts that would try to take his life and eat him whole. However, Wang Ling just sniped them with his bow or split their body in half with his sword.

The area where he was currently in was the outer most area of the Black Desert. The outer areas of any place only have weaker prey. The stronger ones gather in the inner regions as they try to decide who was king.