That Would Be Enough

based on the song from hamilton bc i am listening to it and a lightbulb went off

---

I clamber into Fives room to find my boyfriend, curled up in a ball and sobbing into his knees.

"Five? Five, baby, what happened?" I ask, engulfing him in a hug, as he cries into my neck.

"This is all my fault. If I hadn't been so careless that one night, none of this would've happened." He cried.

"Five, it's not your fault. I promise you. You alive. All our friends and siblings are alive, and we are gonna fight. And we're gonna win." I whisper.

"But so many people have died." He croaks.

"I know. But hey, You're alive. That's enough. I know you're gonna fight until this...war is over. And the wars not even close to being done. And guess what? I'm gonna be by your side through it all." I tell him.

He tightens his grip around my waist. "I can't believe your my girlfriend. Why did you pick me? I'm not good enough for you. I have powers, a freak, broken." He cries.

I pull away and cup his face with my hands, making him look at me. "Five Hargreeves. I love you. I love you so much. I love being your girlfriend, and I hope, someday, your wife. Look around, we're so lucky to be alive, surviving what we have." I say, pressing a soft kiss to his lips.

"I am going to marry you someday." He breathes in disbelief.

I nod, and continue my hype speech, "Look at where you've come. You've come so far from being that scared little boy. You beat the Handler for crying out loud! You have faced things the world wouldn't believe! The fact that your alive right now is a miracle!" I say, making his smile appear.

But it disappears quickly. "But.. there's still so much that's going to happen. It's far from over."

"Just stay alive. Just stay alive, and that would be enough for me." I say, pecking his lips again.

He hugs my tightly, placing soft kisses on my neck. "I love you."

"I love you too." I tilt his head up and kiss his lips. Our lips move together, and I enjoy the feeling of the kiss. So much passion, so much love, is said through one simple gesture.

hehehe i couldn't resist sorry lols