I Just Want to Be Normal

Description: You are one of the 43 kids, you have pyrokinesis, and you work at Griddy's.

Warning: Cursing

————————

I was working my normal shift at Griddy's and today was a slow day, not many people. I took orders, washed dishes, the normal stuff, and I also had to close up today. I told Agnes to go home and rest, since there was basically no one.

I was about to close up, when I here the bell ring. I go out and see a kid by himself. He seems about my age and I go up to his table. "Hi. What can I get you?" I ask with a smile.

He stares at me for a few moments and he blinks and looks away. "I-I'll have a coffee. B-Black."

I raise an eyebrow. "Black huh? Must be one tough guy." I say with a giggle. He blushes and I turn on my heel and go to make the coffee. I light a spark with my fingers and heat the coffee pot since I was too lazy to make a whole new one. "Here ya go." I say as I set down the coffee. He catches my eye and he stares at me as if he's staring into my soul. "It's rude to stare you know." I laugh with a smirk.

He returns it. "You're interesting. It feels like you have this warmth to you, like a fire, pulling me into your y/e/c eyes because there is so much warmth and I didn't realize how cold I was before you came."

I blush, not to sure what to say. "Is that a compliment?"

He shrugs. "I'm not sure yet." He folds his hands and rests his head on them. "Who are you?"

I take a seat across from him and fiddle with my fingers. "I'm Y/n Y/l/n. No one special." I mutter.

He lifts my chin with his fingers to look him in the eyes. "Well, y/n, I think you are very special. I'm Five. Five Hargreeves." He says with a smile.

I burst out laughing. "Is that a nickname? Do you have Five fears or something?"

He winces. "No, my father just didn't care enough to give us real names." I says, going back into his refrained posture.

I slide into the seat next to him and take his hand in mine. "I'm sorry. Do you want to talk about it?" I ask, looking at him with worry in my eyes.

"No. My father was a selfish bastard that only cared about himself. My siblings and I were just unlucky to make been adopted my him."

I pity this boy, even though i have just met him, and I know he has had a rough life. I do the only thing I can think of and pull him into a hug. He tenses, but relaxes after a few seconds, wrapping his arms around my waist. "I'm sorry you had to go through that. My parents don't love me either. They think I'm a freak." I say, but realize i've slipped when he pulls away to look at me.

He smiles. "We all freaks, aren't we? Some more than others. Myself included." He sighs. "Sometimes I wish I was normal. But alas, life can be a bitch."

I chuckle. "Damn straight. Being normal sounds like a fantasy. Like a dream you never want to wake up from."

"It's funny, spending time with you has made me feel more normal than I ever have before. I feel like I've known you my whole life."

I smile. "Me too, Five." I realize how safe I feel in his arms. And I want to stay in his warm embrace for as long as I can.

I look up at him and he is staring right at me. "You are really beautiful."

I blush. " You're not to bad yourself." I trace his jaw with my fingers, and I'm surprised I don't get cut.

We lean even closer and I can literally feel his smirk. "I take that as an insult." Then he crashes his lips onto mine and I run my hands through his soft hair. It feels like fireworks going off in my head, and apparently in real life, as a tablecloth catches fire.

Stupid powers. "Shit," I mutter. I wave my hand and the flames instantly.

Five stares at me, his jaw open wide. "Wait, when's your birthday?"

"October 1, 1989."

"You're one of us!" He exclaims.

"Us?" I ask

"My siblings and I. We were all born on the same day, and the same time. And we all have powers." He hold me tight and I feel a tingling sensation and suddenly, we are on the other side of the room.

"What the fuck?" I look at him.

"Surprise!" He laughs.

I peck his lips. "You are the softest thing ever! And to think, I thought you were a tough, edgy kid."

He pouts. It's freaking adorable. "I am tough!"

I peck his cheek. "Sure babe. Sure."

He blushes. "You're something else, y/n,"

I smirk at him. "I take that as an insult."

Hello lovelies! So I am here again and oh my frigg. almost 200 reads. thank y'all so much! I'm also taking requests so :).