73| Pineapple Upside Down Upside Down Cake

Ellie's POV » the day before they leave »

When I wake up in the morning, I'm surprised to hear rain pattering against the sliding glass door.

Opening my eyes slowly, I see grey clouds covering the whole sky from my view on the bed. The rain comes down against the balcony and window gently, creating a calm atmosphere.

I turn over on the comfy bed and see Jungkook rolled onto his stomach with his face towards me. I reach out and softly move his dark hair out of his face so I can see him better.

How can one person hold so much beauty? I cup his jaw and run my thumb over his cheek for a moment before letting my arm go limp against the sheets again.

Instead of staying there staring at the love of my life in peace, there's a knock at the door. "Come in," I call just loud enough for the person to hear.

Jessie walks in looking like she has the most important information ever, "we need to talk."

"What about?" I ask but she doesn't reply, only looking at me and waving her hand to motion me toward her.

I sigh and get out of our warm bed to go with her. We leave and she takes me downstairs into the living room to practically jump on the couch in exhilaration. "You'll never guess what Hobi and I did last night!" She keeps her voice down, but the excitement is still there.

"You had sex again?" I answer questioningly.

"No- well, yes, but that's not what I'm talking about," she smiles, "we said we love each other!"

I gasp in happiness, "really? That's so great!"

"Yessss! And it felt so genuine!" She gets all giddy.

"How did it happen?"

"We were getting ready for bed, he was brushing his teeth, and I just thought out loud, but then he spat toothpaste all over the mirror," she giggles, "and then he said it back!"

I give a wide smile, unbelievably happy for them. I hug her and afterwards, she jumps up and spins in a circle, "I'm in loooove!" She sings joyously.

»»»

"What are we going to do today?" Namjoon asks with his jaw in his hand while sitting at the table, "because it's raining with lightning, so we can't go to the beach."

"We're leaving tomorrow morning, we can just clean the whole day. We were going to do that anyway, we can just start now," I suggest.

"Cleaning isn't fun, princess," Jimin walks by and ruffles my hair.

"Do you have any better plans?" I raise a brow at him.

"Strip poker," he says casually and the rest of us erupt with disagreement.

"No way!" I shake my head.

"Looks like we'll be cleaning, then," Jungkook chuckles from next to me.

"Alright, so who's doing what?" Hoseok asks.

"Let's draw the chores from a hat," Yoongi takes his hat off and we agree.

After drawing from the hat, we all get our tasks. Jessie and I have to clean the kitchen, so we get started by taking the cleaners out and placing them on the counter while the boys begin their own chores.