14| Complaint

«After classes the next day»

I pull out my phone to call Jessie but the first thing I see makes me smile widely. Jungkook is in the process of falling and the picture that he deleted is now my wallpaper.

Thank the universe for recently deleted

His down right terrified expression and wide eyes amuses me every time I open my phone. (This doesn't mean we're friends, just so you know. I'm simply doing it to poke fun at him. Yeah, that.)

I go to Jess's contact and call her, sitting on my bed while I wait for the line to stop ringing.

"Hey, El. What's up?" She says when she answers.

"Are you going to the party tonight? It's the last Friday before break." I reply and twirl my hair between my fingers.

"Uh, hell yeah I'm going to the party!" She exclaims zealously. "Oh and I heard Seokjin is gonna be there. You have to talk to him."

A sudden excitement rumbles in my body and I smile even bigger knowing that he's going to be there. "I'll definitely talk to him." I tell her but mostly myself because whenever I've tried in the past, I become a stuttering mess. And then we all know what happened the one time I actually had enough confidence to ask him to get down with me over the phone.

Obviously that didn't turn out too well.

"You better. If you try to back out of it again, I'm gonna push you over there until you say hi." She warns and I just giggle.

"I won't back out. I'll even have a drink... Or two, to help me."

"Okay, good," she concludes, "Anyway it starts at 9pm so be there or be square."

I tell her I'll definitely show up, and then we end the call.

»»»

I spend more time than usual to get ready. I don't want to look like a trash bag full of yogurt when I talk to Seokjin later tonight.

I shake my hands and let out a long exhale before leaning against my desk. "Okay," I say to myself, "I'm going to talk to him," Pause, "and I'm not going to even try to back out."

I let my head fall and I close my eyes for a little while before reopening them and getting out my phone to call Jess.

On my way out, I grab my dorm key and put it in my back pocket.

"Are you coming now?" Jessie asks through the phone.

"Yep, I'm on my way. I just can't wait for the walk over there." I state sarcastically.

The party is on the opposite side of campus and I'm not driving because I'm going there with the intention of having drinks as well.

"Oliver is already there, he said that there are basically no cars because everyone wants to get drunk." I hear the smile in her tone.

"At least they're playing it safe." I exit the dorm building and grimace against the chilled wind. I look down to the blue-peddled Pansies by door and silently wish for good luck before making my way to the party.