20| Crayons and Kiddos

We eventually reach the big house and I look out Jungkook's window at it, leaning over the center seat to see it.

"Thank you again," Jungkook smiles at my parents politely as we roll our suitcases up to the house.

"No problem, sweetheart!" My mother beams, "You can be with us any time you want."

Jungkook flashes me a silly grin so I shake my head and look down at where I'm walking.

"I like this one," my mom leans over to me quietly.

"I'm sure you do, but he's the most annoying person on the whole planet." I try to convince her but she shrugs, not buying it at all.

"He's nice, you just keep lying to yourself." She accuses and I brush it off.

I'm not lying to myself. She doesn't know what she's talking about.

Jungkook generously opens the door for us all and we walk in. My parents thank him and I glare, not happy at all about him being here.

The fact that I'm going to spend my entire break with him riles me up inside, and what makes it worse is that my parents like him. Well, at least my mom does.

We go to the entrance room and a warm pine smell encapsulates my nose. I gaze around the large area with beautiful woodwork on the stairs and decor along the walls.

"This place is so pretty!" I gasp at how magnificent it is already.

"I know right?" My mom beams, "Isn't it wonderful?"

"Yes!" I smile brightly.

My dad talks to my mom about the layout and I'm too busy gawking at the chandelier hanging from the high ceiling to register what they're saying.

"Ellie, look." Jungkook taps me and points to a flower pot holding Pansies.

"Oh my gosh!" I speed-walk over there to get a better look at my favorite flower. Once I get there, I realize they're fake, but still beautiful. "They're so pretty." I smile but soon my name is called by my dad.

"Coming," I call back and take Jungkook with me to follow my parents to our rooms.

"The bedrooms are all on the second floor," My dad informs us and walks up the beautiful staircase.

"Is everyone else already here?" I ask.

"Not yet," my dad answers, "They'll all be here in an hour or so."

We go down the hallway and my parents take a left to the first door.

"This is our room, honey." My mom claims right away and I giggle.

"How many rooms are here?" I ask and lift my brow.

"Five," Dad answers.

"You can share a room with Jungkook."

My dad clears his throat and gives my mom and I a look but we both dismiss him. "Oh, calm down." Mom laughs at him.

"I'll be the best roommate." Jungkook smirks at me playfully.

"Sure you will." I press my lips together in a straight line.

"Then it's settled," My mom claps once, "go claim a room, don't have too much fun when you get there, though."

"Mom!" A disgusted expression washes over my face and I turn away while Jungkook laughs lightheartedly.