27| Jealous

»»»The next day»»»

"Hey, I'm in town now." Calvin says over the phone and I smile excitedly, getting the attention of Jungkook next to me on the couch.

"You are? That's great, where are we meeting again?"

"There's this really cool bar downtown that my friends told me about, I'll send you the address."

"Okay," I get out of my seat and head towards the stairs, "I was worried you weren't going to call or something because it's getting kinda late."

"Yeah, sorry about that." He chuckles, "My friends and I have been hanging out all day."

"Are they going to come with us?" I reach the landing at the the top of the stairs and go down the hall to my room.

"Yeah, but they work there, so it'll just be the two of us if that's okay with you?" He suggests, "I haven't seen you in forever, so spending some time alone with you would be nice."

Admittedly, this makes me feel kind of nice. I haven't been alone with Calvin in forever, so it'll be great to catch up with him one-on-one instead of having to meet a group of new people.

"It would, but my friend wants to come. I'll tell him to occupy himself with some girls." I laugh a little and hear Jungkook walk into the room.

"A guy friend? Is he staying with you?"

"Yeah, but we're only friends, it's not like anything is happening." I explain, "Don't get all protective."

"Alright, but I'll be watching this guy." He's quiet for a second, "Do you find him to be.. Cute.. or anything?"

"I don't want you getting all protective over me. We're not together anymore, I'm not your responsibility, plus my friend and I aren't a thing." I try to keep the mood light while sifting through my clothes.

"Okay," he sighs, "I'll be at the bar. Text me when you get there."

"Will do." We say bye and hang up. I go through my clothes more and pick out a short dress.

If we're drinking and clubbing I might as well look good.

I stand up but Jungkook sees me with the thin fabric bundled in my hands, "What's that?"

"A dress...?" I say but it comes out as more of a question.

"That's a dress? It looks more like a shirt." He lifts his brow.

"Well it's a short dress." I explain and he stands, gently taking it away from me and unfolding it.

I feel a blush rush to my cheeks when he frowns at it. "We're going to a bar, not a strip club."

"What I wear isn't your decision." I put my hands on my hips.

"I'm not telling you not to wear it, I'm implying that you shouldn't." He tosses it back at me. "Especially with how many drunk and horny dudes are gonna be there."

I huff and go back to my clothes, picking out a different dress. Less revealing than the last one but still makes me feel great.