68| Marco Polo

Jungkook and I do end up finding my swimsuit top, but it happens to be nearly twenty feet away from where we were standing.

We go back to the house after drying off and walk in while everyone is eating in the living room. "What took so long?"

"Ellie had to wash off all the sand," Jungkook tells them and sets his sunglasses on the table.

"And I just took forever to get in the water," I glance at Jessie who is making knowing eyes at me while eating a sandwich.

»»»

Later we all go back out and someone has started the bonfire. The beach is flooded with people our age all beginning to drink and act like total idiots.

"Hey look, there's beer!" Hoseok point to a few guys sitting in chairs next to a few big coolers.

We all walk over and greet the guys cheerfully, "Hey guys, want a drink?" One offers and gestures to one of the coolers, "we brought them for everyone here."

"Hell yeah," Namjoon grabs one, "thanks, man."

We all follow and do the same thing before popping the caps off and thanking them.

"Honey," I hear Jungkook's voice and turn around to look at him.

"Yeah?"

"You're so pretty," he smiles gently.

I blush and look away, "what? You shouldn't be saying that, you're not even tipsy yet."

"Oh, so I have to be drunk to tell my girlfriend she's pretty?" He comes closer and I smile a little more.

"I just didn't expect it," I go up on my toes to peck his lips but he follows when I try to pull away. I giggle into the kiss and he just wraps an arm around my waist to pull me closer.

"Why are you acting so strange?" I smile more when he pulls back.

"I'm not," he denies and holds my hand before leading the way around the people.

We get to the shore and the water comes up to our feet before washing back into the sea. I look up to see the sky; beautiful red and orange blots with hints of yellow as it gets closer to the horizon. The calm blue water reflects the sky in its waves, creating an astonishing atmosphere that I could stare at for hours.

Speaking of staring, "Jungkook, the view is that way."

"I know," he says and continues watching me. Suddenly I'm taken back to the night of our fir- well, second kiss. The fluffy snow falling on the ground that night, the freezing air, the lights illuminating the streets below... It was beautiful just like this.

I look up at him and meet his doe eyes, but before anything else can happen, someone interrupts by crashing between us. I yelp in surprise and our hands are forced apart because of the person between us, now on the ground.

"Ayeee!!!" A group of guys cheer from the bonfire.

"Are you okay?" I ask the guy and he doesn't even pay attention to me, instead jumping up with a football in his hand.

"I CAUGHT IT!" He shouts and runs back to them.

"Well," I chuckle and shake my head, "at least he caught it."

"Yeah," Jungkook agrees with a laugh and we make our way towards our own friends.

"Hey El!" Jessie greets happily, "we were just having a competition."

"What was it?" I look at all of them curiously.

"Kinda like Marco polo, but we're all getting drunk and blindfolded instead of being in the water."