39| It's finally over

"Whew, I'm glad that's done," I smile as Jessie and I make it into a party. We're a little later than usual, but we decided to drop by in celebration.

"Me t-" she halts once we're through the door and the bass of the music nearly drowns out her voice, "Woah."

"What?" I follow her eyes across the room of people until I see who she's looking at. "Ohhh," I smirk, "like what you see?"

"Hell yeah I like what I see, who is he?" She can't peel her eyes away from his magnificent frame.

"Jung Hoseok. He's one of Kook's friends," I give her a little nudge, "you should go talk to him."

As she waltzes toward him, someone else crosses my vision. A tipsy Jungkook holding two solo cups in his hands.

"Oh, hey," I smile, "Thank you by the way. You know, for helping me."

"I told you you'd thank me again," he smirks before taking a swig, completely disregarding my sincerity.

"Seriously, Kook," I take one of the drinks that he's handing out to me, "you and your friends really stood up for me and I'm grateful."

"Get over it," he chuckles and moves closer to me, his lips finding my neck as he holds me to maintain balance.

"You're not really in the right mind for anything I say," I grin a little and lightly push him back, "maybe you should hold off."

"Maybe you should stop being such a hard nut to crack," his wobbly eyes meet mine, as his voice purrs out of his throat, "besides, I know you want me."

I gulp, my knees feeling as wobbly as his irises as he speaks to me. "How about we put a pin in this until you're sober?"

He rolls his doe eyes, unamused by my suggestion, "how about you quit being some prissy goody-two-shoes and I'll take you right here?"

I blink a few times, feeling puzzled, surprised, and instantly irritated. "Jungkook, that was too far. Don't be so rude."

"I can be as rude as I want and you'll still drop to your knees for me," he chuckles, smirking at his statement.

Memories of Calvin calling me an easy slut flood my brain, causing a sick feeling to rise through me. "No I won't," I snap at him and start to leave, but he stops me.

"Would it make you feel any better if I said that I honestly liked you? That I truly cared for your wellbeing or something?" He laughs as if he's telling a joke to his buddies.

"Shut up, you're too tipsy to have any human decency right now," I shake my head and shove him away.

»»»

An hour or so later, Hoseok and Jess are still chatting away. They seem to be having a great time together, so I don't interfere.

Yoongi is across the room talking to his beverage with his head in his palm, Seokjin, Joon, and Tae are taking turns doing a keg stand, and I'm pretty sure I saw Jimin sprint outside completely naked at one point- I didn't look for very long, though, so I can't be too sure.

As my eyes scan the room to find the last of the seven boys, his visual stop me in my tracks.

There he is, holding some random girl's waist and saying who knows what into her ear. Whatever it is, it makes her giggle and blush before running her hand down his arm.

Of course. I tick my head to the side, my jaw tenses as I force my eyes to peel away from the sight. This is Jeon Jungkook, I shouldn't be surprised. After all, it's not like he's mine.