4| Focus

Jungkook and I work on the presentation for what seems like hours. Sad thing is, we only have three slides completed.

I blame the lack of completed slides on Jungkook. He's such a goofball and he won't stop joking and being the charismatic flirt he is.

I can't deny that I laugh with him sometimes, but we seriously need to get this done.

"Can you please focus for one minute?" I ask him, becoming more and more irritated as time passes.

"I'm looking at Apollo, calm yourself." He reassures me.

"You're looking at an animated cartoon about Apollo killing the Python."

"Is it not what we're attempting to find out more about? Lighten up, Ellie." The use of my name from his mouth is bittersweet in a way, but I push those thoughts wayyy down.

"If we were making a 3rd grader's report on Apollo, it would be just fine. Since we're in university and this counts as our exam grade, it's not so fine." I explain but he just stares back at me; he doesn't even look like he's listening to a word I'm saying.

I see him click on another video and I groan. "I'm really starting to think you don't have ears."

He doesn't respond and I nod to myself, "It's been proven."

»»»

It only takes me 12 tries for Jungkook to actually leave my dorm room.

"Jungkook, it's late."

"8:00pm is not late, grandma." He says as I physically push him out the door and into the hallway.

"Don't you have other things to do?" I stare at him with agitated eyes. "You've been goofing off this whole time, you must have something after this to actually pay attention to."

He looks slightly shocked by my insult. "I was working."

"Yeah, for ten minutes maybe." I roll my eyes contumeliously. "We only have four of our slides done because someone keeps slacking."

He bites the inside of his cheek, "I do have something to do now that I think about it."

"What is it?" I cross my arms. "Drinking with your friends? Partying with all the frat dudes?"

"None of your business." He smiles. "You need to let go sometimes. Stop being so uptight."

"Me? Uptight?" I scoff. "I am, like, anything but uptight."

"Yeah, okay." He stares at me playfully, his bunny smile on full display.

I step away and glare at him once more before shutting the door in his face.

"Is this routine now?" He shouts from outside the door. "That's like the third time you've closed the door on me."

"Why don't you just stop bothering me? I can't shut the door on you if you're not here!" I shout back at the closed door.

"Or you could just be a little more polite." I can hear the stupid smile in his voice.

"Oh you think I should be more polite? You barged into my dorm room and made yourself at home without me saying it was okay!" I ball my fists and yell at the door in front of me. I wait for his response but get nothing.