33| Beep

I come out of Jungkook's bathroom with wet hair and a somber face but at least I'm clean from earlier.

"Ellie," Jungkook's soft voice reels me to him, "What happened?"

"Nothing." I look away, "I was hanging out with Cal and now I'm just tired."

"Are you sure that's it?" He asks and gently lifts my chin.

I don't reply, instead choosing to stand silently as I think of a different excuse.

He sighs and takes me into his warm embrace, reminding me of how much I love his hugs. I lay my head on his chest and close my eyes while letting my body relax in his arms, "I'm sorry." I whisper out.

"For what?"

"For not answering you, I was distracted all day, I'm sorry."

He squeezes me just a tad tighter, "It's okay. Just go to sleep and we'll put this behind us."

I nod and shift further away from his bed, "I'll take the couch tonight."

He slumps into his mattress while I pull out a throw blanket from under the sofa.

"Goodnight."

»»»

I wake up to my phone ringing so I reach over to the nightstand and pick it up, "Hello?" I lay on my back again.

"Hey, it's me." Calvin says through the phone and I can already tell he's not happy.

I get off the couch, "I'm sorry I had to leave."

Just then, Jungkook's obnoxious alarm goes off and he slaps it until it stops.

"Meet me in the parking lot in twenty minutes, I'll be waiting." He hangs up before I can say anything and I'm already preparing myself for him to be pissed off.

I can't help but to roll my eyes at his demand, but I rush to get around anyway, doing my morning routine twice as fast. I put my hair into a ponytail and grab my jacket before looking at the clock, five minutes left.

"Why are you in such a hurry?" Kook asks when he shakes up his bottle of.... I don't even know what that mixture is but it doesn't look tasty.

"I have somewhere to be." I say and slip my phone into my back pocket, "Don't worry."

I turn to leave but he stops me, "Will you be gone all day again?"

"Yeah, probably." I say quickly and peck his cheek out of instinct before leaving.

Why did I do that? I face-palm myself as I walk down the stairs.

I rush to the parking lot and see Calvin there tapping his foot and looking at his watch.

"Hey," I come up to him with a smile but his expression is anything but pleased.

"What took so long?" He asks impatiently.

"I just woke up when you called. I had to get around and so did Kook because he's going to the gym and it's just that it's hard when two people are getting ready at the same time and-"

"Shhh, I don't want to hear any more." He brings me into a warm hug and I wrap my arms around him.

"Why did you leave last night? Was it because of your new roommate?" His voice is sweet when he pulls away.

"I needed to take a shower and go to sleep at the dorm, I'm sorry, Cal."

"I have a shower, I have a bed, you could've stayed there with me. So tell me again why you left."