21| Just Sleep

Dinner was awesome as always and my mom pretty much only talked about her magic rocks and candles.

But now dinner is over and Jungkook has stepped up to help me with the dishes.

"This has been fun, I really like your family already." He tells me as he cleans a plate.

"From what I've heard, they all like you, too." I clean out a glass and smile.

We stand next to each other and wash a few more dishes before I speak up again, "Sorry about my mom by the way, I know she talked about her herbal stuff all through dinner."

"It's fine," he dries the last plate, "My mom doesn't want to see me, so it's nice that your mom at least wants to talk to me."

I can tell he's still frustrated with his parents. I hear the passive aggressive undertone and I can see his intentionally tight-lipped smile.

We get done with all the dishes and walk into the living room with my mom and Jenna sitting and chatting.

"...Speaking of kids," Aunt Jenna smiles at me when we enter the room.

"Hey, we're not kids anymore." I grin slightly and take a seat on one of the chairs.

"You'll always be kids to us, honey." My mom says.

"Aaaand," Jenna starts and pats her belly, "Tyler and I are going to have our third soon."

"Congratulations!"

When she walked in earlier with that baby bump I was wondering when she would bring it up that she's having a third child.

"Thank you," she rubs her belly, "I'm going in for another ultrasound after Thanksgiving."

"Do you know if it's a girl or a boy yet?" I ask.

"She's a little girl," she smiles, "And we're thinking about naming her Rosie."

"You should start dating people." My mom directs at me, "It won't be long and you won't have an opportunity to."

I know Jungkook looks over to me and I avoid looking back at him, "What?"

"You don't have much time to get married and have kids of your own, may as well start soon."

"Mom, I'm 22, I have plenty of time." I sigh.

"Jungkook, what about you? Are you seeing anyone?"

"Mom don't ask him th-"

"I'm not currently." He answers and I put my face in my palms out of embarrassment.

Why do you have to do things like this, mom???

"You know, I started dating your dad when I was just 19. I finished college, and immediately after that, we got married and had you."

"Mhm, that's nice." I mumble into my hands.

Jenna laughs and looks at my mom, "Don't rush them, Margret. They can take as much time as they want."

Jungkook and I nod and agree with her.

"It's better to wait and be with the right person than to rush into things and be with the wrong person." She explains, "When I met Tyler, I knew he was the one from the start, but I dated guys before that so I would know what I like and don't like."

We end up talking for about an hour until Jenna gets up to go to bed, and then we all decide to go to bed.

"Just don't look," I tell Jungkook with my hands on the hem of my shirt.