16| Umbrella

Jungkook's POV

I wake up to the sound of a door unlatching and I stir myself awake quickly, making sure Ellie didn't just leave.

But instead I see Jessie come in, and when she sees me... Well, saying she looks absolutely pissed is an understatement.

"Jeon Jungkook!" She whisper yells at me, "I swear on my life if you-"

I put my finger to my lips to shush her aggressively. "I didn't do anything, okay?" My voice is low and tired, "I'll explain it to you in the morning if you're gonna come back."

"Explain now." She stands with her hands on her hips and I sigh agitatedly.

"We're both dressed, calm down. It's too much to explain right now but I will when it's not 2:30 in the morning." I assure Ellie's best friend to the best of my abilities, "How did you even get in?"

"Spare key." She holds up said key, "Did you just take advantage of a drunk girl?" Her voice is a little louder this time and Ellie stirs, gaining both of our attentions.

Jessie watches as she snuggles herself closer to my side, instantly giving me this new feeling of butterflies when she puts her face in my neck, breathing calmly against my skin.

"I didn't take advantage of her," I reason with Jessie even quieter this time since Ellie is closer to me.

"Fine. But you are going to explain yourself in the morning." She huffs and demands like a mom. "I'm going to my own dorm down the hall. If something happens to her, my room is 161."

I nod and she stares at us before slowly going outside and closing the door quietly behind her.

I sigh and look down at Ellie against my side. Some of her hair falls behind neck and some falls over her tranquil face, her delicate hand rests on my chest and she has pressed herself flush against my body.

I can't express how bad I need you to trust me tomorrow.

»»»

I wake up to a knock at the door and I look at the clock on her wall reading 6:30.

Who in the right mind is at her door at 6:30am... Oh wait, Jessie said she would come back in the morning. I didn't think it'd be this early. I let out a heavy sigh and look down at Ellie who is still right up against me despite the blanket in the way. Carefully, I lift her arm from me and softly turn her on her back before getting up sleepily.

Then there's another knock, but this time it's a bit louder. Can't she just walk in if she really wants to?

When my feet touch the floor, I'm surprised that I must've kicked my shoes off in the middle of the night. But my pondering doesn't last long because I hurry over to the door just as the person knocks again.

I swing the door open with messy hair and my eyes barely open because of how tired I still am- not to mention my headache.

It's not Jessie when I open the door. It's Rebecca.

At first, her expression is blank, but when she recognizes me it's baffled, and then after she peers over my shoulder to see Ellie still sleeping in bed her entire demeanor is furious.

More than Jessie's face when she saw us last night. Rebecca is almost scarily mad.

"Do you need something?" I raise an eyebrow at the short brunette in front of me.