➴︎ k.dy

Y/N✔︎

"Hey! Guess what?" My bestfriend since birth called. Unrequited love. That's what they call it. Yes. I'm in love with my bestfriend.

"Hmm?"

"I proposed today and she said yes. The wedding will be in 3 months." I could feel him smile through the phone, and I felt my heart break into a million pieces.

I blinked back tears that were threatening to fall.

"Really? Congrats!" It hurts to be the one saying 'congrats'.

"Thanks. So uhh... will you come?" That question. Should I come for my bestfriend, or don't show up as someone who loves him dearly? It's a tough decision, but I see him more than a bestfriend.

"I'll see." That answer. It's unsure.

"Okay. Yeah?" He was talking to someone other than me. "Oh okay. Hey sorry but I have to go."

"It's okay. I understand. Bye."

"Bye, bestie." Fuck that word. He'll only see me that way, bestie.

After he hung up, tears started to finally fall. My chest felt so heavy, I couldn't breathe. It hurts to love like this.

My face was buried in my hands as I was sitting on my bed.

Why? In all the people in the world, I chose to fall in love with someone who looks at me like a sister?

Stupid. Dumb. Idiot. Fuck love.

~
They're probably happy now. It's been a week since the wedding. I didn't show up. I decided to drown myself in alcohol that day.

I am aware I'm very drunk. My house's a mess. Broken glass on the floor. And a Doyoung nagging at me.

——-Doyoung
I was in her apartment. She blocked me in every platform and she didn't even attend my wedding.

"Hey Doyoung! Bestie. That's what you call me. Bestie. Anyway, why did you bother visiting me here. Get out. I'm not in the perfect state." She's clearly drunk. She was holding an empty bottle of soju, her breath smelled like alcohol, and her hair and makeup was messed up.

"What's wrong with you!? What did you do during my wedding?! Drink and get messed up?"

"You know what? You're right Doyoung. That was pretty accurate. I'm not surprised though. We're besties!" She showed a sarcastic smile. At this point, I'm getting scared.

"Why didn't you attend my wedding and instead get drunk? Are you hiding something from me?"I controlled myself from bursting and knstead hear her out.

"You wouldn't believe a fucking thing." She scoffed and turned her back against me.

I grabbed her arm and she faced me. She looked at me, frustrated and yanked her arm. "Leave me alone!"

"I won't leave you alone until you tell me why you're doing this!" She started to cry as I raised my voice. She fell down to the floor and sobbed in her hands. I kneeled down in front of her. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have yelled at you like th—"

"I just want the pain to stop!" My eyes widened.

"Are you sick? Do you have disease?" I started to touch her arms, neck, forehead to get a feel on her if she had a temperature or not. "Do you want to see the doc—"

"I fucking love you, Doyoung! I fucking love you and it hurts." She yelled and she started to sob harder.

My breath hitched and I felt time stop. My heart starthed to throb, but I can't turn back time.

"I wanted to tell you this. But I couldn't make a sound. Even if I reached out for you. I couldn't do it." I was speechless. I can't love anyone else, the way I love my wife.

"I'm sorry." I couldn't look at her in the eyes.

"It's fine. This is just a phase, although I'm in my twenties. It's my fault I fell in love with my bestfriend." She sniffed and stood up. My eyes followed her. She walked towards the door. "Please get out."

I stood up and brushed myself. I walked towards the door. Before I stepped out.

"Wait." She walked towards me and without a word she smashed her lips against mine. My eyes widened but it was irresistable since they were so soft and sweet and I couldn't help but close my eyes and kiss back.

Her arms were around my neck as I snaked my hands around her waist.

As I was enjoying the moment, she pulled away. "You should go now." She breathlessly said.

I didn't know what I was doing but I cupped her face and kissed her once again.

But this time she didn't kiss back.

I was still trying to get her respond but she didn't.

I was snapped back into reality when I heard a door click and she wasn't there in front of me.