III ➴︎ l.hc;h.rj

𓁹

Haechan frantically tapped his feet as he waited impatiently. Fiddling with his fingers, biting his nails, his hands going up to his hair and grabbing them out of frustration.

The ward door opened to reveal the doctor and he quickly stood up, flooding the poor doctor with a lot of questions.

"Is she okay? What happened? Does she remember me now? Is she-"

"Calm down sir, your girlfriend is fine. The crash gave her a temporary memory loss, bringing her back to memories of last year, It might also take a year for her to regain her memories. I'm very sorry, sir." He informed as he put a hand on Haechan's shoulder in attempt to comfort him.

"Me-memory loss?" His eyes were wide from panicking and in shock right now. It was temporary but she won't be thinking of him until she regains her memories.

"Yes, any idea what happened last year?" The doctor asked but he stood there quiet and in an overthinking state. The lack of reply made the doctor anxious, "I suppose it is a personal question but it'll last a year. I wish you luck and fast recovery for her as well." The doctor nodded and walked off.

Haechan was devastated thinking of how his love will be spending time with another man for the time being. Frustrated, he sat down on the cold metal chair, his face buried in his hands.

Not long after his breakdown, he heard rushing footsteps and
panting and it caused him to look up and to meet eyes with person. He was here now.

"Where is she?" He asked worriedly and Haechan replied with a nod that pointed to the door beside him.

The stranger muttered a small thank you before proceeding inside.

He was greeted by the heart monitor beeping, a girl lying there helplessly with all these casts. He had already moved on but to say he didn't miss her was an understatement. You can still miss things and at the same time not want it back cause you have already moved on.

His eyes softened at the sight as he walked over beside her, his hand moving to meet with hers and embrace it. Her hand was still soft like before, very fitting, but it felt like it wasn't his to hold anymore. It was true, but the girl's thoughts were going back to where they were happy.

He smiled, thinking of the memories they made. They were adorable. Other couples envied them but she's happier with somebody and it pains him to think that this was only temporary but it was for thr best.

"Y/N? I'm here. Moomin's here and I miss you so much."

✈︎

Two lovers laughed as they walk hand in hand in the park. At leadt lovers were what Y/N thought they were. Renjun wished this was real.
He wished he could turn back time and never broke up with her.

She was still suffering from temporary memory loss and it has been a little over a year now ever since the accident. Renjun took care of her when she was still confined and his sweet actions made her fall in love with him deeper and it gave Renjun hope but this hope just shatters whenever he thought of her remembering everything again.

"Renjun?" Y/N asked, earning a hum from the lad. "Will you promise me to stay with me forever?" It was a question that most could answer easily and sweetly. Being naive of the future that they don't know but Renjun felt awful. Not that he didn't want to, but because he knew what was gonna happen. He didn't know what to answer and his mind was chaos.

'Should I lie?'

'Tell her the truth!'

'Just leave it unanswered and say, "We never know"'