tv screen°︎m.ti

『Y/N』︎

I came home tired, walked like a zombie all the way from my practice going here. The only thing I wanted to do now is have some rest in my boyfriend's arms. I smiled just by the thought of it.

I type in the password of our shared apartment, it beeped and let me in. I threw my bag away, not caring where it would land.

"Taeil! I'm home!" I yelled and it echoed throughout the entire place. He comes in from the hallway, his eyes were filled with anger. It confused me, my head going wild with questions that increased my anxiety.

"It's 1AM." He said, a short sentence but it made my heart drop.

"I had to practice for so long. I was busy recording too." I reasoned lazily, walking to him with arms open wide as I wait for his figure to be caged in my embrace.

He stepped back, making me feel hurt. Like an arrow shot into my heart. "Wh-what's wrong?"

He scoffed in disbelief, his hand going up to his hair, "What's wrong? You've been coming home late! I'm tired of hearing the same excuse!"

"When you come home late and give me the same excuse do I complain? I never questioned your actions, I only took care of you when you're tired! Why can't you just do the same and understand! I'm debuting anytime soon, you've been through the same shit as I did! You're being so selfish, Taeil!" I was surprised by my own outburst, but I was right anyway. I felt hurt by the words he had said to me, he was being senseless.

"Me, selfish? Who kept going out with Renjun when I was gone, huh?" I felt furious by his words.

"He's my childhood friend for fuck's sake. Of course, I'd hang out with him!"

"Childhood friend my ass. Just say you fucked and conversation done." He laughed with venom dripping from his tongue.

"Do you not trust me, Taeil?" My voice cracked, my tears were pooling in my eyes it made my vision blurry.

He only sighed, "I don't want to go on in this relationship if you're gonna keep doing this."

"Wha-"

"Let's break up."

❝︎

Cameras, lights, audience. They were all pointed at her. She stood on the middle of the grand stage with her mic standing in front of her.

Meanwhile, there were people watching behind the television. Anticipating her first performance, the debut she worked so hard for it hurt her.

The music began to play, a pop sound that yet brought emotion even without the lyrics filling it up.

Her voice started with soulfully, every word filled with emotion it moved those who watched. Her occasional glances at the camera, her eyes filled with sorrow as it went with the lyrics and the melody. As if she was talking to someone she used to love but threw her away in the process.

Unknowingly, a tear slipped out of her orbs. Their happiest moments, even to the last memory of theirs flashed in her mind. She delivered much emotion that came from her heart. Her heart that was waiting for a love to pick up the pieces that broke.

"You gotta love me at my worst,
if you want me at my best and you had it all.
I gave my all to you.
I gave my all to you."

She poured her everything into anything that she did. One of those was loving him.

He messed up. He knew that. Everything was too late, too late to start over. They were just a memory that's meant to be looked back at. Never gone back to.

He cried behind his television screen. He felt regret, anger building up inside him.

The song was about to come to an end, the camera angled in front of her as well as highlighting the whole stage and the confetti that started to fall over her.

"You should've loved me at my worst,
now you just watch me on your TV screen."

inspired by chungha's x!! sksksk go listen to it