➴︎ l.ty

『︎Y/N』︎

I was walking down the empty halls of the school. It was quiet and it felt like I wanted to stay there for a longer time until I see a familiar group of girls turn this way, laughing and gossiping loudly as if they owned the school.

I shivered in fear as I knew what'd come as soon as their eyes landed on my nervous figure. I stood there not knowing what to do and instead I looked down on my feet and  waited for them to be close to me.

Next thing I knew I landed on my ass real hard and they were laughing. I couldn't look them straight in the eye as I was scared. This is what I deal with every single day. "What a pleasant surprise to see you here, Y/N."

For once I wanted to talk back, "The fuck do you want Nari?" I spat and she gasped dramatically. "Oh would you look at that the rat talks." They chuckled at the pathetic remark.

"You pathetic piece of shit trying to talk back huh?" She tightly grabbed me by hair, pulling me up to her height. She leaned closer, trying to catch my eyes to look at hers, "Look at me coward." With my fearful and trembling eyes I looked at Nari, "Don't you ever talk back at me like that you bitch. You don't belong here. No one likes trash in this school." She let me go harshly and I hissed at the pain ads I stumbled back a few steps.

She walked closer to me, her finger pointing at me, "You better be out of this school by tomorrow. I don't wanna see your ugly ass roaming around here, got it?"

I stood there silently, repressing my whimpers and cries, "Fucking answer dammit!"

"Yes!" She scoffed, "Good." And with that, she left and her friends didn't forget to give me a hard slap on the right side of my cheek.

When they were finally out of sight I let the tears out and flow down my cheeks, forming under my chin before they dripped to the floor as they made a small puddle.

I caught my face in my hands and cried alone in this hallway until I felt touch on my shoulders and I flinched, fearing who it might've been. I looked up from my eyes and scanned the stranger with my bloodshot eyes, Taeyong. The handsome boy that sat in front of me during math class.

Worry was all over his face, bending down to my level as he caressed my back to comfort me. "Y/N, what happened to you. Your hair is all messy and your clothes- Who did this to you?" He was frantic and sounded like hie was about to kill the name that is about to fall off my lips.

"N-nari and her friends." I hiccuped and sniffled, wiping the snot under my nose with my sleeve. He asked, "May I give you a hug? I feel so sorry for you right now."

I nodded continuously and he finally enveloped his arms around me and I felt safe. My head was buried in his shoulder as he continued to say sweet things to me. "I'll take care of them, okay?" He pulled away and looked me in my eyes, full of admiration and warmth, "Don't you worry about a thing tomorrow." I was curious of what he had in mind, my mouth opened and ready to ask questions until the bell rang and I couldn't continue the conversation as I was running late.

>>>

I was taking a walk in our village, in the most abandoned part of the village because I thought it was peaceful here. I was listening to music, vibing and grooving to the melody coming from my airpods.

After a while of walking I heard grunts and incopherent words coming from a man, I was scared thinking it could be a thief, a killer, or kidnapped. I stopped in my tracks when the strange sounds grew louder on a corner.

"Hello?" I called and there was no response. I took my phone from my pocket and turned on my flashlight. I pointed it on the direction to see a man covered with blood and holding a knife just about to stab it once again.

I was terrified. My legs trembled and I didn't know what to do. Shock stopped my thoughts and movements and I stood there, shaking in fear. The man had sensed the light and looked at me.

"Who's there?" He yelled. I covered my mouth to suppress my screams. I never expected my name to fall from his lips, "Y/N?"

"N-no h-how do you know my n-name?" My lips were quivering and my speech stuttering.

He smiled and approached me, "It's me, Taeyong." His voice was warm yet quite psychotic. "W-what did you do?"

"Oh that?" He pointed towards the dead body of a female and snorted, "That's Nari. I took care of her, for you." His eyes looked at me wide and getting closer to my face. His hand went up my cheek to cup it, "I did that for you."

My face had brought out a smile and my arms wrapped around his tight waist, "Thank you." I mumbled and smiled in his chest as I felt his hand caressing my hair. I felt safe and at home.

"You're not scared?" He asked worriedly and I pulled away to show him the joy in my face. "Of course not. I can finally be free in school." I laughed in glee and it was contagious enough to make him smile as well.

"Good." He sneakily interlocked our hands, bringing it up leveled with our faces before his head leaned towards them to kiss the back of my palm, "Just know I'll always protect you even if it means losing someone." His eyes were sincere, crazy yet sweet. I felt my heart pounding so hard.

He goes through his pockets to reveal a white piece of paper. He handed it to me with a lovely smile and my eyes were widened, "For you."

I gladly took it in my hands and opened the note. It showed thick crimson ink in cursive saying "Be mine?"

I nodded rapidly and jumped on hum, "Yes! I'd love to be yours Taeyong!" He wrapped his arms around me and twirled me around. I planted a shy peck in his cheek and pulled away to see his rosy cheeks.

"By the way..." I asked, looking at the paper once again.

"Yeah?"

My eyes furrowed in confusion, "Is this blood?"

"It's Nari's."