➴︎k.jw

Y/N✔︎

I let out a sigh, my hand propped on the window with my head looking at the stars. It was 11:55, just 5 minutes before my birthday. I'll be turning 18 and by then my soulmate tattoo will show up if I ever have physical contact with them.

I gazed upon the thousand stars and the crescent moon looking down on me. This was an everyday thing for me. Looking up in the night sky and talk to it. It comforted me in every way.

"If I ever meet him, will he be happy with me?"

"Will he be a good partner?"

"Is he a good person?"

Questions kept wandering in my mind and slipped off my mouth, letting nature hear them.

The city was getting quieter but it's always busy. It never sleeps.

I heard a beeping alarm ring in my ears, signaling the clock has it's hand at 12, my birthday. A small smile formed on my lips as I scooted to the headboard of my bed. I grabbed my planner, opening it and flipping the pages until I saw the date of my birthday. Under it there was something written there, '18! When will I meet my soulmate?'. I crossed it out and quickly closed it and placed it back on the wooden side table.

I laid down and brought the covers up to cover my shivering body. The wind was blowing on the light silk curtains of my window while the moon's light peeped through it.

I snuggled into my pillows and plushies, making myself comfortable until my eyes got heavier and closed. Before I was fully asleep I greeted myself and went to dreamland.

"Happy birthday to me".

✈︎

I told my mom I didn't want a big birthday party but she insisted. I did win at the end but she still invited her closest friend over.

I was helping her out with preparing the food. It was a simple lunch. Roasted chicken, salad, mocha cake, buttered veggies, and some kimchi at the side too.

I set up the table, placing the plates and utensils neatly and in order.

It was then the doorbell rang and my mom called, "Y/N sweetie could you open that? Might be your aunt."

"Yeah sure", I said as I jogged towards the door and prepared myself to put on the brightest forced smile. "Hi!" I greeted and it was indeed my mom's friend..with a boy.

He stood tall, towering over his mother. Soft features yet made so mysterious because of his long black silky hair. His bangs curtained his face so well.

I didn't realize I was staring at him until his mom wrapped her arms around me having me to wake up from my thoughts. She kept saying compliments and I said thank you to all of them. I looked back at the boy to see him scoff and chuckle.

'Damn sir'.

"This is Jungwoo! I supposed you haven't met my son yet. He's really nice. Just gotta break the ice in him." His mother introduced to which I responded with a bow towards him.

"Happy birthday", he casually greeted and grinned. My heart skipped a beat and I brushed the lose hair to the back of my ear and said, "Thank you".

"Hey! Come inside!" I stepped aside to let them in, holding the door for them until they both got in. They continued their way in and I closed the door after, following them to the dining room.

They sat down on the chairs. My mom and aunt sitting together, leaving me and Jungwoo to sit beside each other.

"Oh I almost forgot!" My mom stood up and rushed to the kitchen, coming back with a lighter and two thin white candles.