➴︎ w.yk

『︎Y/N』︎

Yet again. Another one of my friends crying about the boy they like after getting rejected. Probably will start posting break-up songs on Instagram soon.

I was the person that everyone goes to for comfort. I don't mind though, except for love. Don't get me wrong, I still do dream of love and I wanna kill the guy that hurt my friend but love and heartbreaks in real life were...corny.

"I loved him so much and gave him thing he liked everyday, why is he like this?" She continued to sob on my shoulder as I rubbed her back to soothe and comfort her.

"Shh, it's fine. Maybe he really isn't for you-"

"But I love him so much!" She sat straight and yelled at me for a second before continuing to get my shoulder wet. Nice.

My eyes wandered as I sighed, slightly irritated, only to see a couple interlocking hands and looking at each other like fools. 'Disgusting'

I discreetly mimicked vomiting when my friend had stood up and rubbed her tears way from her eyes, "Thank you so much for keeping me company, Y/N. You're such a great friend." She gave me a big hug and sniffled. I chuckled, "Sure bestie. Anytime."

She walked away with her head down, bumping on someone on the way. I shook my head and looked down on my shoes.

I felt a presence coming towards me and I looked to my side to see Lucas, a good friend of mine. "Hey Y/- woah what with your shoulder." He pointed to the large dark spot caused by the bottle of tears cried on it and I sighed, "My friend was ranting about her crush." I said in a tired tone, wearing my gray cardigan to cover it up.

"Oh what's up?" He asked, taking a sip from the coke he was holding.

"She got rejected." It fell off my lips with such a dead tone it shocked Lucas, "Woah what's with your tone, missy? Shouldn't you be like 'Oh you fucker didn't like my friend back I'll kill you'." He mocked while making a stupid face. I rolled my eyes, "My friend's great and all but I don't blame the guy's own preference and taste." I shrugged my shoulders, taking a glance at him before looking forward.

"Damn okay bitter." He muttered under his breath and I chuckled, I won't even deny it. I kind of am. "It's not like you never had a crush before." He scoffed and I thought about it, "Please I was in 4th grade when I liked a 9th grader, you call that love?"

"Girl- that's like 5 years of age gap-" He was speechless, "Why are you even saying that to yourself?" He asked, sipping on his coke once again.

"I was young and naive, there was no love in that." I looked down on my shoes once again as I swayed the back and forth slowly.

"You're so cold-"

"Cause there aren't enough decent men. They only care about attention and they'll just step on you afterwards." I concluded. I mean, did I lie? "Where the fuck are the good men when I want one." I snorted and Lucas chuckled too.

It was silent for a while before he finally spoke up, "Define your own interpretation of 'decent men' then." He raised his eyebrow at me and I looked at him weirdly. Is he serious right now?

"Well, it's a long list. Think about it, I don't like 16-year old boys who flirt
shamelessly and confess and then break up with you. Complete the puzzle." I stood up, grabbing my bag and slinging it over my left shoulder. I smiled at the confused boy before I left and walked away without another word.

>>>

"Hey, Y/N. Guess what? There's this guy I like..." I internally groaned and screamed. Oh boy not again. I forced smiles, comments and smiles as she continued to talk about another guy after literally just a rejection.

I was completely distracted over thoughts that drowned annoying talks about love until things were placed on my table. A lush yellow flower with a pink cut-out heart stuck onto the stem.

My eyebrows furrowed in disgust as my eyes trailed from the hands that were on my table to meet eyes with a tall man I was too familiar with.

"Lucas the fuck-" He placed both hands on his table and slightly leaned down to level his chestnut eyes with mine, "Starting from this day, I'll be the decent man you're looking for." He smirked and I was quite taken aback. When did he get the balls to do this?

Nevertheless, it was quite interesting the character he is trying to play right now. I gave back a smug grin and leaned a little closer as well, "Okay then, you gotta melt all this ice first." I grabbed the flower and slammed it onto his chest, "Start by these flowers. I'm allergic and I'm gonna sneeze all day because of you. Try again." I forcedly smiled, leaning back to my chair too see his embarrassed and flustered state.

He stood up straight and cleared his throat, "F-fine- But just so you know, you're gonna be someday." He winked and I scoffed at such cliche line and act.

"Boy you're already failing. Go away."

"Guys, Professor Lee is here!" One of our classmates announced and I snickered as I gestured for him to scram and go to his seat.

He headed to his seat looking quite embarrassed. I forgot my friend was beside me until I felt her nudge my shoulder, "That was cute! He was like 'I'll be the decent man you're looking for' like imagine that!" My friend started squealing and I sighed in irritation, "Not again."

"