II ➴︎ n.jm

Y/N✔︎

It has been a year ever since that incident under the mistletoe. We didn't walk together to school anymore, he barely interacted with me, he found a new group of friends, and he left me alone.

It's not like I was nothing without him but rather, I grew feelings of love and at the same time anger that he left me out of nowhere.

I want time to go back to where we were happy and innocent. Times when he was still with me.

It was December 23rd, just 2 days more until Christmas. I was setting up the Christmas tree in my jogging pants and t-shirt. I hung up the colorful ornaments on the green plastic tree.

I have hung up everything and the only thing left in the box was the mistletoe. I sighed, remembering the time he stole my first kiss.

I still remember how his lips felt against mine and now I feel so stupid and it's like everything was too late.

I felt hands on my shoulders and it immediately brought me back to my senses as I let out a gasp. I looked behind me to see my mother smiling widely, "Aren't you excited for Christmas sweetie?"

I forced a smile and said, "Yeah. Of course I am." I replied as I grabbed the mistletoe from the box and hung it up.

"Great! I'll just go finish the cookies for 25th." She gave a pat on my back and left.

I smiled back and averted my gaze to the Christmas tree. I let out another sigh. "I miss him so much."

✈︎

I was in my room dressing up for Christmas dinner. I wore a square-collared, button-up, pink dress that stops above my knee, and a light blue cardigan over it. I wore my knitted yellow headband, applying just an organic lip balm on my lips, adding some gloss on it.

I took one last look in the mirror, fixing some little things before I exhaled and smiled at myself. I walk towards my bed to get my phone and left my room.

Walking down the flight of stairs, the door was opened by my father to reveal Aunt Seyoung again and him, Jaemin.

I continued to go down the stairs quietly, waiting for someone to acknowledge my presence.

Jaemin was smiling behind his mother being the polite one he is. Aunt Seyoung was talking to my parents and it didn't seem like they were stopping any time sooner.

It was then while she was telling them a story, her eyes landed on me who was awkwardly standing at the bottom of the stairs.

"Y/N my dear! You look beautiful as always." She praised as she let herself in the house and her hands reaching out to cup my cheeks and lean in to let out cheeks touch, letting out a smacking sound from her lips as if she gave me a peck.

I smiled, "Thank you aunt. You look gorgeous tonight too!" I gave back the compliment and she let out a chuckle.

My mom clapped her hands together and announced dinner, "Alright everyone! Let's head to the table." She said, pointing to the table and everyone sat.

It was the usual arrangement. My dad sat at the end, my mom on his right, and aunt on his left. Beside aunt was Jaemin and I was on front of him who sat beside my mother.

My dad reached for the steak when my mom halted his actions, "Wait! Let's say grace first!"

✈︎

The adults laughing and exchanging conversations made it feel more awkward for the two of us.

Jaemin coughed and cleared his throat, earning everyone's attention just to excuse himself from the table, "May I go out to the playground?"